General Television Thread

Hellfire

Hey guys, I made a Sporcle quiz! I think it's a decently tough one; you listen to clips of the opening themes (and one closing theme) from shows that first aired in 2011, and I tried to cover the board with a mix of shows that were on network, cable, premium cable, and of varying levels of fame because my favorite Sporcle quizzes are the ones that have at least one absolute motherfucker of an answer that only like 2% guess right. Give it a shot!

I got

Game of Thrones, Hell on Wheels, New Girl, and Workaholics. Guessed on New Girl, the other three I watch.

Only got one. Only being able to answer during the period that the song is playing is annoying as I'd guessed another one but only thought of it afterward. Guess you're trying to see if you know it by the song rather than just guessing, but still.

Had my try at the sporcle quiz. I got:

Game of Thrones (Guess), Hell on Wheels, American Horror Story, New Girl, Person of Interest (I know Caveizel is on it and it was his voice), Workaholics (I've heard riff before), and Suburgatory.

And I've only watched Hell on Wheels, AHS, New Girl, and Suburgatory. The other 3 were guesses. The only show I missed of the rest that I watch is Revenge, which I should have gotten.

Person of Interest (I know Caveizel is on it and it was his voice)

Really? I was so sure that was Michael Emerson. I've never actually watched it, though I think I could have guessed it too.

Great score, btw.

Really? I was so sure that was Michael Emerson. I've never actually watched it, though I think I could have guessed it too.

Great score, btw.

It is indeed Michael Emerson, 100%.

Not cool at all Hell on Wheels. Very not cool :crying:

I guess I should probably resume watching so I know what this is about, right? I stopped keeping up after episode 4 or so. Not out of a dislike for the season or anything, it's just a pain in the ass to keep up without having AMC anymore.

Not cool at all Hell on Wheels. Very not cool :crying:

I guess I should probably resume watching so I know what this is about, right? I stopped keeping up after episode 4 or so. Not out of a dislike for the season or anything, it's just a pain in the ass to keep up without having AMC anymore.

Season finale was last night. 2 hours and was pretty epic

Great score, btw.

It is indeed Michael Emerson, 100%.

Eh. I knew I was wrong when I said that. But it sounded like him and the only show I knew with a machine was that one. Oops.

RE: Hell on Wheels That was indeed a Holy Shit finale. The 2nd season really picked things up and I really enjoyed the last few episodes. Thoughts:

Is that a series finale? Because the way it ended made it seem like it was the end with him just walking down the railroad. And the killing of Lily... GEEZ. Cullen best stop getting with the ladies, they always get killed. With that being said, I wanted to see him snap and just destroy the Swede, but it wasn't to be

:(. I saw the Mr. Toole suicide when he took out his gun. I knew he wouldn't kill Eva, and he had been struggling all season being the other man.

Treme

I had a feeling Big Chief was gonna get bad news. :( I wonder if this'll be Clarke Peters' last season on the show. Also, I didn't realize it until I saw her name in the credits, but holy shit that was Taryn Terrell putting her boobs in Nelson's face, wasn't it?

Treme

I had a feeling Big Chief was gonna get bad news. :( I wonder if this'll be Clarke Peters' last season on the show. Also, I didn't realize it until I saw her name in the credits, but holy shit that was Taryn Terrell putting her boobs in Nelson's face, wasn't it?

Yup, AV Club review pointed me to IMDB credits and it was her apparently. But even without the boobs this episode was a beautiful piece of television.