General Television Thread

Hellfire

2 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

holy shit, the last episode of taskmaster champion of champions might be the best episode they've done yet.

Holy fuck.

Spoiler

Okay. First of all. Is the show called Taskmaster or Masktasker!? Am I rite!?

Secondly, Katherine Ryan. Hoooooly fuck. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

holy shit, the last episode of taskmaster champion of champions might be the best episode they've done yet.

well that fuckin embroidered romesh jacket has kinda taken some of the impact off of the fuckin Nish Kumar shirt I've been making

IMG-20171218-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 3

Second episode of League of Gentlemen was far better than the first, really enjoyed it, and the bingo caller's monologue in particular was a brilliant, poignant scene. The episode as a whole got the right mix of nods to continuity but with new material, and a sense that Royston Vasey and its citizens have changed since we last saw them - the first episode tried, but mostly failed and seemed to forget to put any jokes in.

The third - and seemingly final - episode undid a lot of that good work, and felt far more like a clumsily nostalgic Christmas special. Making Tubbs & Edward out to be - even briefly - heroes to the public, is a "Only Fools & Horses Christmas special, but after they've become millionaires" level of needless fanservice and missing the point of what makes the characters tick. Some fun moments, and ended pretty much the only way it ever could have (in a good way), but overall it's been a disappointing comeback.

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

Apparently that Happy show started today? Anyone know if it's any good?

Last week actually but yeah, it's good. A little nuts but pretty funny.

Started Ultimate Beastmaster last night and it's pretty good. Way better version of Ninja Warrior.

Edited by livid

Just watched the Grey's Anatomy 300th episode. I know a lot of people long gave up on the show, but Ellen Pompeo deserves so much credit for how after 14 seasons she still carries the character of Meredith so well. In all the talks of feminist icons in pop culture, I think Meredith Grey is one of the most under-appreciated.

I'd say 6, with episode 3 being pretty good. Though I was astonished to realize that it's really basically episodes 8 and 9 that are the ones that I think are fucking fantastic, with 3, 10, and 6-7 all at "yeah that was pretty good."

I've started tallying for Show of the Year and the state of TV in 2017 is that there are tons of shows that either are or were pretty big deals that I completely forgot came out this year because of how much TV there is. Apparently there was new Sherlock this year! Apparently Thirteen Reasons Why happened this year!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Adam said:

Sherlock was awful this year to be fair. And I think it was all on over the first 10 days of January so not surprised you forgot.

Yeah, damn, that Sherlock was so bad I almost wish the rest of the series didn't happen retroactively*. Ignoring a massive cliffhanger to follow up with that shit was just Dexter finale levels of bad.

*I don't actually wish this, it's hyperbole.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WOKEN Cloudy said:

I've had 13 Reasons Why on my queue for forever and still haven't watched it. 

It's fucking tough with Netflix stuff because every month there's a new Hot Show. I watched the first two episodes of A Series of Unfortunate Events, thought they were great, and then proceeded to fail to watch the rest of them. Like, if I had finished it I bet it would have been in my top 10 if it hovered around that level of quality, but I just... didn't.

I did finish season 3 of BoJack, though. That hurt so good.

• Like 1

Just now, GoGo Yubari said:

It's fucking tough with Netflix stuff because every month there's a new Hot Show. I watched the first two episodes of A Series of Unfortunate Events, though they were great, and then proceeded to fail to watch the rest of them. Like, if I had finished it I bet it would have been in my top 10 if it hovered around that level of quality, but I just... didn't.

I did finish season 3 of BoJack, though. That hurt so good.

That season finale. 

:crying: