General Television Thread

Hellfire

Pretty much how I feel, tkz. It isnt going to be anything revolutionary, no matter how many sex jokes they make, but it is a decent show to watch if you have the time.

I had some doubts about Pan Am, Once Upon a Time, and Hell on Wheels, but this weeks episode of all three have me looking forward to more from all. Pan Am is pretty straight forward and doesnt seem to really have a major storyline yet (other than the thing with one of the stewardesses), Once Upon a Time is getting more interesting now that it is starting to get into other fairy tale stuff rather than mainly Snow White/The Queen, and Hell on Wheels just somehow clicks for me.

Guest mr. potato head

I wouldn't go that far, I'm not even confident I'd put it in my top half, but I'm not as ax-crazy about it as Sepinwall either. Robin/Kevin could still end really soon for all we know.

Guest mr. potato head

Seriously Happy Endings might not be the best show on TV or anything, but on the whole, it's well above HIMYM or BBT in the "best relatively straightforward (i.e. not Community or Parks and Rec) sitcom" department.

I just started watching Eastbound and Down today....a pretty good show!

Eastbound is just a fabulous show, both seasons really are some of the funniest stuff I've seen. The only other show I think I fell in love faster than Eastbound would probably be Always Sunny.

Just finished the first season....kinda sad.

I just started watching Eastbound and Down today....a pretty good show!

Eastbound is just a fabulous show, both seasons really are some of the funniest stuff I've seen. The only other show I think I fell in love faster than Eastbound would probably be Always Sunny.

Just finished the first season....kinda sad.

Yeah, the second season is even deeper. I'd say check out the second season, I thought it was better than the first, even though it lacks most of the characters from the first season besides the last episode or two. But season 3 has Will Farrell and Craig Robinson confirmed to come back!

I think I have to vote Boardwalk Empire for Most Improved TV Show of 2011. Watching it doesn't feel like an obligation anymore, of the three Sunday night dramas I'm watching (along with Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels) it's the only one I'm not DVRing and watching later on a lot of the time.

EDIT: Oh Christ, the ending to the latest episode. Very well done if also a trope I hate.

Terra Nova's latest episode FINALLY gives some answers, albeit ones we already knew and the characters didn't. Still, best episode so far.

I'm still a couple behind - it's one of those shows that's definitely worth a watch, but you aren't exactly missing much if you don't. Going in, I felt like I would be, so my expectations were clearly too high.

They weren't too high, it genuinely isn't that good of a show in terms of pacing. I'm hoping that since this season is only 13 episodes, they'll fix it if they do a second season, but considering the tanking ratings and big budget, I highly doubt it's going to go beyond this one.

I think I have to vote Boardwalk Empire for Most Improved TV Show of 2011. Watching it doesn't feel like an obligation anymore, of the three Sunday night dramas I'm watching (along with Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels) it's the only one I'm not DVRing and watching later on a lot of the time.

EDIT: Oh Christ, the ending to the latest episode. Very well done if also a trope I hate.

Homeland! Add Homeland! Everyone should be watching Homeland!