General Television Thread

Hellfire

The Smallville finale was a massive let down. It could have been any generic mid-season episode with some special effects. Probably the lowest in my preference of the show's season enders.

I was competely letdown with it. I was expecting so much and it delivered on nothing. The first hour was far too slow and the second hour was too rushed. Add in that the costume being in the show was a joke as it was really only cgi crap, and I think a good 5 solid minute flashback sequence just for Clark to zoom in the air for a quick minute. Ugh. I was so into the final season and the finale took any potential and stomped on it and threw it of the window.

Also, pan am has been a rather decent show. I find I love the French woman and the blondes sister far more than the other stewardesses. Nothing amazing, but a decent show. Sunday is going to suck if I get into hell on wheels through. Pan am, dexter, walking dead, us that? And all hour long shows.

Edited by Vitamin E

Oh Lord. I tried to watch The Cape earlier and learned after twenty minutes why it didn't last a season. How did that tripe even get commissioned?

Got six episodes of Secret Circle backed up to watch, and I'm hopeful with the concept and cast that it'll be the usual CW enjoyable quirky teen audience fun.

Watched a random episode of Modern Family. I don't get it, am I missing something here? Nothing in the show seemed particularly funny or original, to the point where I saw them all coming in advance. To top it off, all the characters felt incredibly generic, and I couldn't give a shit about any of them. How the hell did this win best comedy?

You're not the only one. I never got it either. 3/4 families and not one of them was even slightly interesting to me. I applaud any network trying something a bit different to the norm, but their was nothing endearing about the show at all for me, besides the former Al Bundy being in it.

It seems to hit the right midpoint in terms of smart humor/dumb humor so it appeals to a really broad base. It has a pretty talented ensemble cast (not "put a stranglehold on the Emmys' Best Supporting in a Comedy" strong like it's perceived as, though), most notably for me Ty Burrell, Ed O'Neill, and depending on the episode Sophia Vergara.

But I've really lost interest in it over the course of the year; they're mostly just hitting the same beats now, and to diminishing returns. I'm not sure if it's the most overrated show on TV right now but it's up there.

Watched a random episode of Modern Family. I don't get it, am I missing something here? Nothing in the show seemed particularly funny or original, to the point where I saw them all coming in advance. To top it off, all the characters felt incredibly generic, and I couldn't give a shit about any of them. How the hell did this win best comedy?

You're not the only one. I never got it either. 3/4 families and not one of them was even slightly interesting to me. I applaud any network trying something a bit different to the norm, but their was nothing endearing about the show at all for me, besides the former Al Bundy being in it.

It seems to hit the right midpoint in terms of smart humor/dumb humor so it appeals to a really broad base. It has a pretty talented ensemble cast (not "put a stranglehold on the Emmys' Best Supporting in a Comedy" strong like it's perceived as, though), most notably for me Ty Burrell, Ed O'Neill, and depending on the episode Sophia Vergara.

But I've really lost interest in it over the course of the year; they're mostly just hitting the same beats now, and to diminishing returns. I'm not sure if it's the most overrated show on TV right now but it's up there.

You all have no souls :angry:

So what would the most overrated show be? Glee?

Nah. Glee's ratings are down this season and people (myself included) have been criticizing it for a good while. I would say it's probably Modern Family vs. Dexter.

Does anyone know when Pan Am is set to air on BBC? I'm getting impatient waiting for it to air over here and may have to watch it elsewhere.

Also, is Hart of Dixie as absolutely ridiculously corny as it sounds, or is it worth giving a shot?

From Wiki:

Beginning November 16, 2011, the series will be broadcast in the UK by BBC Two

I love Modern Family, for me it's the only show other than Parks and Recreation this series that hasn't been a major disappointment.

We get it. Community's not living up to your expectations. :P

As far as Modern Family goes, I've never really seen the big deal. It's funny but nowhere near as amazing as the hype it gets would suggest.

I love Modern Family, for me it's the only show other than Parks and Recreation this series that hasn't been a major disappointment.

We get it. Community's not living up to your expectations. :P

As far as Modern Family goes, I've never really seen the big deal. It's funny but nowhere near as amazing as the hype it gets would suggest.

I'm just sad that it's not as whacky as it used to be. It's all well and fine, I just miss the more ridiculous episodes. Stuff like the Mafia/Fried Chicken episodes were great. :(

But to also moan about another TV show that I like, man, Chuck is just kind of okay this series. Definitely needs to be the last season, I think the whole thing has worn a bit too thin.