General Television Thread

Hellfire

Once Upon A Time seems like an interesting show to say the least, but the main thing I wanted to post was I THINK the actor who played Gus in Breaking Bad is going to be in this show. I couldnt really tell since they only showed the guy for a second during the "this season..." part after the show had ended, but Im pretty sure it was him.

Is it the one where...

... Lucy goes to throw herself down the stairs?

If so, I loved that episode. Certainly one of the more personal episodes, and her development as a character has been the highlight of the entire show so far.

Oh, that's a good episode but not the most recent anymore. And I love any time Eddie Cantor shows up, especially having him show up in a scene that isn't just "and here's Eddie Cantor to perform!"

Once Upon A Time seems like an interesting show to say the least, but the main thing I wanted to post was I THINK the actor who played Gus in Breaking Bad is going to be in this show. I couldnt really tell since they only showed the guy for a second during the "this season..." part after the show had ended, but Im pretty sure it was him.

Yep, Giancarlo Esposito's slated to be in Once Upon A Time.

Was it actually any good? Looked a bit cheesy to me. I'm interested in the other one, Grimm, mostly because judging by the audience it'll be aiming for, it'll either fail and disappear in a few weeks, or it'll be a fun Supernatural copy that's a bit lighter on the brooding.

Edited by tkz

It wasnt BAD. Im not sure how good a show can get when the focus is having fairy tale characters brought to the 'real world'. Ill watch a few more episodes to see if things get any more interesting.

I think I should just stop watching new shows and wait for them to come to Netflix/wait for the first season to be over. I seem to better judge whether I like a show if I can speedrun through several episodes as opposed to having to wait a week for another new episode.

It wasnt BAD. Im not sure how good a show can get when the focus is having fairy tale characters brought to the 'real world'. Ill watch a few more episodes to see if things get any more interesting.

I think I should just stop watching new shows and wait for them to come to Netflix/wait for the first season to be over. I seem to better judge whether I like a show if I can speedrun through several episodes as opposed to having to wait a week for another new episode.

I haven't watched the first episode yet, but there's a number of Lost references... so it has that going for it.

Watching Falling Skies. Never seen it before. I'm on episode 4. It's started well. I like Noah Wyle, so that's a bonus. My mom - who has seen it all - said it tales off as it goes on, but so far it's still good. Interested in where things are going.

I enjoyed Falling Skies, really similar feel to the Walking Dead in terms of ensemble cast, some of the characters and the general look of it which put me off at first (I like TWD, it just seemed samey). It grew on me as it went on though, I was gripped at the end, and then it ended.

It's getting a second series, isn't it? I read that originally it was going to just be a 10 part series, but I think Wiki said they were going to follow up.

If not I'm not happy, Heroes, V, Flash Forward and the Event have all annoyed me enough recently.

I think it is safe to say Last Man Standing is the Home Improvement of 2011. Tim Allen playing a character who rants/tries to say 'manly' things in front of a camera, working for a place catered to men, and trying to be 100% man manly man-man.

The daughters and the mom are hot, though, especially after this Halloween episode.

Edited by Vitamin E