General Television Thread

Hellfire

I'm intrigued by American Horror Story. It's nice to have another genre show on during the Halloween season. I'm not going to call it amazing, but I'll definitely be checking it out next week.

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/06/fox-threatens-to-cancel-the-simpsons-actors-pay-dispute/

I've been reading about this in past few days, according to that tomorrow will settle will The Simpsons be cancelled come May '12 and even if it doesn't it will end to Season 24.

It's not nearly as good as it once was, but i've liked it to this day. Hell the show is actually older than i am and i've been watching it as long as i can remember. I really hope that they get to end it properly with a final season and not just get cancelled awkwardly. Still i wonder what are they going to do with the rest as they will have 7 holdover episodes left if it gets cancelled in the spring.

Also those two Season 23 episodes they've aired so far have been both pretty good, in my opinion best season openers in years.

Edited by The Sandman

Guest mr. potato head

Three episodes, I thought, counting last night (which I haven't seen yet)? Happy Endings is probably slightly better so far this year than it was last year, and it was pretty good by the end of last year.

Free Agents cancelled.

I gave Free Agents a shot but didn't like it at all. I feel bad for Hank Azaria and Anthony Stewart Head but I won't miss the show.

Also!

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1360287" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I am not sure what to think about American Horror Story yet. It is really creepy and odd and kind of goes all over the place which I am not big on, but it is interesting. It is like everyone has free roam of their house too and I really hate that creepy neighbor. I will continue to watch to see what develops, but yeah...very weird show.

So, The League season 3 premiered yesterday. Everyone should give this show a chance, it's hilarious.

My terrible roommate with terrible taste in everything told me to try this show. But I hate football. Will I hate this?

Liking and/or knowing anything about football is not a prerequisite to like the show. It's just the way they interact with each other (IE: the bar in Cheers). It's hilarious though and quite underrated.

Edited by Livid

All the episodes of the things I watch (which isn't many) were excellent this week, and in some cases the best of the series thus far.

Modern Family was probably my favourite of the season so far and Detective Chang was fantastic on Community. HIMYM was good too, and the finale of Outnumbered was great with the exchange student being the outside-influence of the family. And Dexter, well, good first episode.

Edited by TheModernWay

Guest mr. potato head

Followup: Happy Endings is only two episodes into season two, and is nothing groundbreaking, but is legitimately turning into a good show.

So I'm enjoying Suburgatory so far, but I find the premise pretty flawed. A dad pulls his daughter out of Manhattan because he finds condoms in her drawer and brings her to the suburbs? I bet there's a lot more upper middle-class teen fucking going on in the suburbs than the city. In the suburbs, there's nothing to do but fuck and go to a high school football game.