General Television Thread

Hellfire

I thought Pan Am was fairly decent, probably best pilot I've seen this season thusfar. There's no way they're making the spy stuff the main attraction for all the episodes, I imagine it was just because they wanted to go with the aspect of the show that was going to hook the most people in (as opposed to "French girl looking for love in all the wrong places" or "Christina Ricci doing whatever it is she's doing in this show"). Some moments were over-the-top cheesy but then it's a show about stewardesses, filmed in full-on bright '60s style.

Watched an episode of Up All Night. Why can't this be following up The Office? I would totally watch it then as opposed to where it is, where it's both up against a class I'm in and at the same time as Survivor.

Just seen the recent Two and a Half Men episode. I am a massive Charlie Sheen fan. But I thought I'd give the show a chance. I can't really judge the "new" show after just one episode. But I really didn't find anything funny about the episode. Except one point with Alan and that was it. I will tune into the next episode to see how things go. But I wasn't impressed at all. And Ashton Kutcher failed to keep me interested. While I know the writing for the show is good. As well as the actors. But it really does miss Charlie Sheen in it.

I thought Pan Am was fairly decent, probably best pilot I've seen this season thusfar. There's no way they're making the spy stuff the main attraction for all the episodes, I imagine it was just because they wanted to go with the aspect of the show that was going to hook the most people in (as opposed to "French girl looking for love in all the wrong places" or "Christina Ricci doing whatever it is she's doing in this show"). Some moments were over-the-top cheesy but then it's a show about stewardesses, filmed in full-on bright '60s style.

I think it was because Ive been watching Mad Men lately, and I was expecting something more along the lines of it, just with stewardesses. It wasnt a bad episode by any means, I was just disappointed that it was something different than I was expecting for a pilot. The whole spy thing is interesting, and I would like to see where it goes, but again, wasnt what I was expecting.

Guest mr. potato head

I'm just watching the pilot now. It's still a period piece - not in the Mad Men sense where it's about the changing values of a society, but because the subject matter dictates that this is really the only time period it could be set in. Seems like a good show provided they can start fleshing out the characters a bit more over the next few weeks.

The New Girl may have won me over temporarily with Schmidt slapping Jess' ex. Still unsure about the show, but it didnt seem too bad this week. Might be more of a show to watch if I have the time than anything.

2 Broke Girls Im also unsure about. It is nice they are giving the two characters a longterm goal, and I like that each episode ends with how much they have saved up. Some of the humor is kind of meh for me. I love Kat Dennings, but Im not so sure how well her making little quips about someone elses comments will turn out if the show makes it more than one season. Some of it is funny, but some of it is a complete miss. Still, it doesnt seem TOO bad I guess. Another show to watch if I have the time.

2 Broke Girls Im also unsure about. It is nice they are giving the two characters a longterm goal, and I like that each episode ends with how much they have saved up. Some of the humor is kind of meh for me. I love Kat Dennings, but Im not so sure how well her making little quips about someone elses comments will turn out if the show makes it more than one season. Some of it is funny, but some of it is a complete miss. Still, it doesnt seem TOO bad I guess. Another show to watch if I have the time.

The pilot was great for a sitcom pilot, but wow, episode two was pretty bad. Even more "sitcommy" line delivery (no one talks like that) and poop jokes. Wow. The show still has potential and it needs to find its voice, but I don't trust any comedy on CBS to break out of the stereotypical 90s laugh track sitcom mold, HIMYM was the only one to ever do it.

New Girl has been awful so far, but goddammit, Zooey is so fucking cute, I can't stop watching it. It's not even a "omg I want to fuck her," thing, she's just so adorable, I want to sit her on the bed with all my stuffed animals. :shifty:

Has anyone watched Terra Nova or Prime Suspect? Those are sitting on my DVR and would like to know if they're worth my time.

Terra Nova was pretty great I felt. Felt like Aliens mixed with Jurassic Park, which is win win for me. I just don't see how it could really continue to maintain the level of excellence the pilot had for one series, let alone multiple. Though if it can find a way to do it, I could see it being the next Lost, but I don't think it will. Stephen Lang was the highlight, easily.