General Television Thread

Hellfire

Modern Family was easily the best season premiere so far when it comes to comedy. Hilarious, I barely stopped laughing.

New Girl... is bad, but mostly because the guys she lives with are complete dicks and painfully unfunny. They have a 'douchebag jar' and I can't help but feel like the main guy needs to put money in it every time he opens his mouth.

I think that's kinda the point...

I think he meant the other guy who is OBVIOUSLY gonna end up with the girl. At least, in my mind, he is the main guy.

But overall, I actually enjoyed the show :shifty:

Yeah the like MAIN guy that was going on about helping to fix her personality, which is just the most arrogant dick-ish motivation for a character ever. I think the biggest problem is they're trying to sell Zooey Deschanel being a dork as something that no man would want to be with. When it's the total opposite. She's awesome. :/

• Like 1

.. There's going to be a Walking Dead talk show.

AMC is launching Talking Dead, the network's first live after-show that will discuss AMC's series The Walking Dead. The half-hour program, produced by Michael Davies' Embassy Row and hosted by Chris Hardwick, will premiere Oct. 16, immediately following the encore presentation of The Walking Dead. Then beginning on Friday, Nov. 4, the series premieres after The Walking Dead's encore presentation at 11 PM. The project was originally piloted last month. "Fans of The Walking Dead are incredibly engaged with every aspect of the show. They tweet, blog, and post comments in very large numbers, and we wanted to give them an opportunity to interact with the show in a way that they don't currently have -- a kind of live water cooler," said Joel Stillerman, AMC's SVP original programming, production and digital content.

Talking Dead will feature Hardwick talking to fans, actors, producers and TV enthusiasts, recapping the most recent Dead episode and taking questions and comments from viewers.

.. what.

.. There's going to be a Walking Dead talk show.

AMC is launching Talking Dead, the network's first live after-show that will discuss AMC's series The Walking Dead. The half-hour program, produced by Michael Davies' Embassy Row and hosted by Chris Hardwick, will premiere Oct. 16, immediately following the encore presentation of The Walking Dead. Then beginning on Friday, Nov. 4, the series premieres after The Walking Dead's encore presentation at 11 PM. The project was originally piloted last month. "Fans of The Walking Dead are incredibly engaged with every aspect of the show. They tweet, blog, and post comments in very large numbers, and we wanted to give them an opportunity to interact with the show in a way that they don't currently have -- a kind of live water cooler," said Joel Stillerman, AMC's SVP original programming, production and digital content.

Talking Dead will feature Hardwick talking to fans, actors, producers and TV enthusiasts, recapping the most recent Dead episode and taking questions and comments from viewers.

.. what.

Has AMC made a single good decision this entire calendar year? What the fuck. "Recapping the most recent Dead episode?" You mean the episode that just finished airing immediately prior to their show? They seem to have no money for anything else, why would they spend money on this?

Walking Dead gets good ratings, they hope this will hold onto viewers for longer so they can get more ad revenue. Simple enough, probably works when MTV does it with their stupid shows. Plus more Hardwick on TV is always a good thing.

Anyone catch the Fringe season premiere? Not one of my all-time favorite episodes, but it did need to set up exactly what's happened since the events of the finale, and overall I thought it was good. Definitely excited for the season to ramp up.

Minor spoiler regarding last night's episode:

I thought the flashes of Peter throughout the show were a great touch. I only caught one or two (besides the obvious one at the end), but from what I understand there were a bunch more. Also, meeting our universe's Lincoln was great, makes you wonder what could have happened differently between universes that made them turn out to be such polar opposites.

New Supernatural was good. Much better than last series opener.

Yeah the whole Cas as Leviathan thing should be pretty cool, especially since it looks to be showing a different side of Misha Collins' acting ability.

Not to mention, they don't seem to be getting rid of Crowley anytime soon so of course Mark Shepard :wub:.

I see myself having trouble giving a shit about the Sam stuff though even if it does come with Pellegrino coming back as Lucifer. Like they mentioned, it'd be nice if they got a break for once when it comes to potential shit hitting the fan, especially with Sam.

Yeah the whole Cas as Leviathan thing should be pretty cool, especially since it looks to be showing a different side of Misha Collins' acting ability.

Not to mention, they don't seem to be getting rid of Crowley anytime soon so of course Mark Shepard :wub:.

I see myself having trouble giving a shit about the Sam stuff though even if it does come with Pellegrino coming back as Lucifer. Like they mentioned, it'd be nice if they got a break for once when it comes to potential shit hitting the fan, especially with Sam.

Agreed. Misha Collins and Mark Shepard should be great in this season. As for Sam, the show would have been better if he died in the first episode of the first season and never came back. He is fucking annyoing.

Agreed. Misha Collins and Mark Shepard should be great in this season. As for Sam, the show would have been better if he died in the first episode of the first season and never came back. He is fucking annyoing.

Yeah, Sam is awful people. There's a reason Season 3 was so great, because for once it didn't focus on Sam possibly having something awful happen to him in some way. Not to mention it's really obvious that it's not all just some dream with him being alive and free. Hopefully this will be like the Dean/Lisa story from last series, where it dies out mostly after a few episodes.

Leviathan is a great way to go, they made the mistake last year of trying to raise the bar again when they'd already faced the devil himself. Mother royally sucked.

I don't usually catch new shows because I always find one that I really like and it's immediately cancelled. That being said, I watched Person of Interest and it is pretty awesome.

Fuck you all, Sam is awesome. Dean's clearly the better of the two, but Sam is pretty much his perfect play off, and soulless Sam was wonderful.

Oh, no, I actually quite like Sam. Though, he was a lot more awesome when he was drinking demon blood and being a badass.

I'm just tired of the whole "hey, these Winchesters really have a whole heap of shit piled on them don't they?" storylines and that seems to be the direction they're going with the Sam stuff from the premiere.

I don't usually catch new shows because I always find one that I really like and it's immediately cancelled. That being said, I watched Person of Interest and it is pretty awesome.

I didn't know much about it going in except the premise and that Michael Emerson was on it... then I turned it on and saw Jim Caviezel. Interest deflated.

I thought it was okay, but if it's just a new "case" every week like every other cop show, I'll get bored quickly. And I was already pretty bored about 30 minutes into the pilot.

Anyone catch the premier of Pan Am? I was a bit disappointed with it, as it felt more like a spy tv show more than a show about Pan Am in the 60's. Felt that if they had the show set in any other decade, it really wouldnt have affected the premier that significantly. Seems interesting nonetheless, and hoping the following episodes wont seem as 007: The TV Show.

And The New Girl... Im still not sure about. I have to agree with the whole trying to push Zooey acting awkward/strange as something a guy wouldnt want as being a bit lame, and the guys dont seem that good. Coach does, but obviously he wont be in future episodes. The douchebag guy routine is eh. Hopefully it wont be a constant thing of having him say something stupid and have to pull a dollar out of his pocket, only to do it again five minutes later. The fact that they already seem to be pushing the one guy and Zooey getting together doesnt fill me with hope either.