General Television Thread

Hellfire

I think I like it more because a lot of my friends like it and quote it at each other, but I did find it very, very funny. It's pretty dry but it's certainly better than anything else on TV on a wednesday night.

Also, going Parks and Rec to watch after EWB's bigged it up so much and I've finally started season 2 of Six Feet Under, which I've been putting off a while, and it's as good as the first season. Great show.

Don't write Parks and Rec off because of Season 1. It really picks up after that.

And season one isn't bad (on the rewatch I liked a lot of it) as long as you know that they modeled it off the US version of The Office fairly closely and then found their own (much stronger) voice in season two. It's a "laying down the framework" season.

I've tried like three times to watch Parks and I can't get past the first five minutes of episode two. I'm not sure what it is. I liked the first few seasons of the Office! But not even getting to look at Rashida Jones is enough for me.

OH WAIT NEVERMIND I just remembered that I don't like Amy Poehler. That's probably why I don't like the show.

The only time I've ever enjoyed Amy Poehler was in Arrested Development. She was in two-three episodes and was a very minor character, so it was perfect. Having her own series is overkill!

Also, I enjoyed Weekend Update, but that's mainly because I can't hate anything Tina Fey has ever done.

NOOOO! LD is fading from this picture I have of him from the future! I hope it has nothing to do with this tire iron I'm brandishing and planning to strike him with! :(

• Like 2

I love that you apparently liked her with Tina Fey on Weekend Update, which is probably the point in time where I liked both the absolute least. They just didn't work as co-anchors at all, it was way too "we're best friends and we have a segment on SNL woohooo!!!"

fr34k and LL, you have both moved up in the GoGo Yubari's Super Best EWB Friends rankings. A SLOT HAS OPENED UP :angry:

I love that you apparently liked her with Tina Fey on Weekend Update, which is probably the point in time where I liked both the absolute least. They just didn't work as co-anchors at all, it was way too "we're best friends and we have a segment on SNL woohooo!!!"

fr34k and LL, you have both moved up in the GoGo Yubari's Super Best EWB Friends rankings. A SLOT HAS OPENED UP :angry:

Me! Pick me! I love Parks & Rec! Amy Poehler is hilarious! Pick me! Me!

Me! Pick me! I love Parks & Rec! Amy Poehler is hilarious! Pick me! Me!

You were already higher than LD on the list.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I'm watching The Next Generation. Apparently I never watched season 5 because I don't remember any of these episodes. However, in the beginning of "Disaster," when Picard is stranded with the kids, I really wish it had been Worf instead so he could instruct three frightened children about the importance of facing certain death like a warrior.

Fuck you Cloudy, now I'll never help you save money on your cell phone!!!!!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guest JukeboxHero

Anybody else looking forward to 'House' returning tomorrow? It's most likely going to be the last season of the show, I think. I can't wait to see how they are going to realistically explain how House can go back to practicing medicine.