General Television Thread

Hellfire

So, 2 Broke Girls. It's not very good but I'll probably end up watching one or two more episodes before I write it off since Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs at least seem to have some decent chemistry. Supporting cast is awwwwful, though and has a formula of "Garrett Morris hamming it up + characters who are awful racial stereotypes = hilarity???"

But Christ, it tries so hard to be hip and is so clearly written by 40 year-olds.

I've grown into a big fan of Alphas within the past couple weeks. Started off pretty rocky but it's gotten really good, the abilities of the alphas aren't over the top and have drawbacks, the characters work well together and theres a least a couple of lines every week that make me crack up. Overall it's a fun show that doesn't really take itself too seriously and I'm suprised that the Syfy channel has been slowly bringing together a really good group of TV shows.

The Killing, worth watching? I series linked it, forgot about it, and now I've 12ish episodes to watch...

I believe MPH and TGC liked it so maybe they can defend it, but I lost interest a few episodes in and dropped it like a bad habit. It was pretty much savaged by critics after a certain point too, especially the season finale.

Guest mr. potato head

Watch the first episode.

If, after watching the first episode, you expect things to be anywhere remotely near that quality the rest of the way, drop it right away.

If, after watching the first episode, you're OK with a huge decline in quality but still something better than any procedural out there, keep it up.

Watch the first episode.

If, after watching the first episode, you expect things to be anywhere remotely near that quality the rest of the way, drop it right away.

If, after watching the first episode, you're OK with a huge decline in quality but still something better than any procedural out there, keep it up.

So kind of like Boardwalk Empire? Great first episode, followed by a bunch of episodes that really don't go anywhere?

Watch the first episode.

So kind of like Boardwalk Empire? Great first episode, followed by a bunch of episodes that really don't go anywhere?

...Seriously?

Watch the first episode.

...Seriously?

That's really not that unpopular an opinion.

Modern Family was easily the best season premiere so far when it comes to comedy. Hilarious, I barely stopped laughing.

New Girl... is bad, but mostly because the guys she lives with are complete dicks and painfully unfunny. They have a 'douchebag jar' and I can't help but feel like the main guy needs to put money in it every time he opens his mouth.

Edited by tkz

Guest mr. potato head

Modern Family was easily the best season premiere so far when it comes to comedy. Hilarious, I barely stopped laughing.

New Girl... is bad, but mostly because the guys she lives with are complete dicks and painfully unfunny. They have a 'douchebag jar' and I can't help but feel like the main guy needs to put money in it every time he opens his mouth.

I think that's kinda the point...

I think that's kinda the point...

I think he meant the other guy who is OBVIOUSLY gonna end up with the girl. At least, in my mind, he is the main guy.

But overall, I actually enjoyed the show :shifty: