General Television Thread

Hellfire

Guest JukeboxHero

Well, there's very few TV shows or movies that are completely 100% realistic, if any at all. But shows like 'House' are grounded and based in reality, if that makes sense. That's what I mean. I'm just hoping they don't stretch things too much here, if possible. The show needs to find a somewhat realistic replacement for Cuddy as Dean of Medicine (my money would be on Foreman or Wilson, if they decide to go with a current cast member)and a somewhat realistic way to get House back at Princeton Plainsboro.

Second episode of this season of Boardwalk Empire is pretty great. Huge improvement over the premiere.

Speaking of Boardwalk Empire... all through the premiere I kept getting the vibe that Jimmy and his mom either have banged or that she's going to try to bang him this season. Especially when she said she used to 'kiss his winky'. I dunno if they are going that route, but it was just odd and I can't shake that feeling. I'm most likely wrong, but did anyone else get that sense?

Jimmy and Gillian have had a really weird, pseudo-incestual vibe the whole way through. I don't think they'll ever actually cross that line but it's definitely constantly hinted at.

Well, there's very few TV shows or movies that are completely 100% realistic, if any at all. But shows like 'House' are grounded and based in reality, if that makes sense. That's what I mean. I'm just hoping they don't stretch things too much here, if possible. The show needs to find a somewhat realistic replacement for Cuddy as Dean of Medicine (my money would be on Foreman or Wilson, if they decide to go with a current cast member)and a somewhat realistic way to get House back at Princeton Plainsboro.

If you meant "Hospitals and doctors exist in real life", then yeah. Otherwise, no, House has never, ever been realistic.

Trying to watch season seven of Scrubs. This is difficult. I should maybe intersperse it with episodes from the first couple seasons so I remember why it is I liked this show.

Guest JukeboxHero

In any event, 'House' returned last night, great episode.

They kicked things off with a bang and explained a little bit about his trial. I can't wait to see how they tie up a few more of the loose ends in the coming weeks. And judging by the preview clip for the next episode, the new Dean of Medicine is...

Foreman.

So NBC canceled The Playboy Club after only three weeks. Which is a pity, because I loved reading The AV Club's incredulous reviews of the show.

Also Whitney has been picked up for a full season because apparently NBC's Thursday night block will never, ever have a lineup that I 100% like.

I don't really remember that. I know they got the rights to the show starring Kevin Spacey, outbidding Showtime and possibly HBO in the process, earlier this year so there's a precedent for this already set.