General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just watched the second episode of Fresh Meat, Channel 4's new Uni comedy with one of the Inbetweeners and Jack Whitehall and I thought it was great. A bunch of my friends are into it and it had me laughing from start to finish. It's a great bit of fun for a wednesday night and Howard is hilarious, as was Robert Webb as a guest star.

Both New Girl and 2 Broke Girls have found their way off of my watch list until I get the impression from people that both have gotten less middling to bad. Currently looking at Up All Night and, once I can actually watch it, Suburgatory as my hopes for this fall not being a total waste when it comes to new shows.

Alphas is really good. Starts off a bit shaky but it really comes together by the end of the season and the way they ended it is making me real excited for a second season.

• Like 1

Alphas is really good. Starts off a bit shaky but it really comes together by the end of the season and the way they ended it is making me real excited for a second season.

This. I'm glad that they set the stage for a second season even before it was renewed. Some of the Syfy shows just seem to wander aimlessly during their first season because they don't want to promise a story they can't really deliver on if the show is canceled.

Both New Girl and 2 Broke Girls have found their way off of my watch list until I get the impression from people that both have gotten less middling to bad. Currently looking at Up All Night and, once I can actually watch it, Suburgatory as my hopes for this fall not being a total waste when it comes to new shows.

I've not watched Up All Night, but it strikes me as a great cast in a terrible show.

It's actually not terrible as long as you don't hate shows in the Modern Family vein. Huge breath of fresh air from Will Arnett too, in that it's the first time in a long time that I've felt like I'm not watching him play a variation on GOB (aside from maybe his Parks and Rec appearance).

I haven't watched the pilot yet so I don't know if that's good or not, but the second episode is some very well-constructed cringe comedy.

Speaking of Modern Family, I'm watching the Dude Ranch episode and I'm finding it frustratingly unfunny. Something just doesn't ring true about it.

EDIT: Okay, "to be fair, my second wife was in high school" finally made me laugh.

Starts of shaky? I've only seen the first 3 episodes and already liked it a lot, so I guess I have to continue :w00t:

Also, why did I stop watching Parks and Recreation after season 2? Season 3 is absolutely awesome.

Aaaaaaaaand Chuck's premiere has been pushed back to 10/28.

Eh, that's fine. I can't really say I give a fuck what they do with Chuck as long as they air all of the episodes in its proper timeslot. Last season, ratings don't mean shit anymore.

Starts of shaky? I've only seen the first 3 episodes and already liked it a lot, so I guess I have to continue :w00t:

Also, why did I stop watching Parks and Recreation after season 2? Season 3 is absolutely awesome.

Compared to the second half of the season it's a little shaky. They don't seem to know where they are going with everything but by the middle of the season they've gotten into a groove and every episode seems to be a little better than the previous. I'm really impressed with Syfy as of late, I finished Alphas and really enjoyed it, I've gotten all the way up to season four of Eureka and really liked it and Warehouse 13 is next.

I haven't watched the pilot yet so I don't know if that's good or not, but the second episode is some very well-constructed cringe comedy.

Speaking of Modern Family, I'm watching the Dude Ranch episode and I'm finding it frustratingly unfunny. Something just doesn't ring true about it.

EDIT: Okay, "to be fair, my second wife was in high school" finally made me laugh.

Yeah, that episode isn't really as funny as Modern Family usually is. The kid that Alex kissed was a little funny, the dude ranch guy was a little WTF at times. The funniest part for me was Dylan's song. I hope to God he comes back. He's like the 4th funniest character, and that's saying something.

Also, "Bossy" is the best nickname anyone can give Claire.

Just watched the second episode of Fresh Meat, Channel 4's new Uni comedy with one of the Inbetweeners and Jack Whitehall and I thought it was great. A bunch of my friends are into it and it had me laughing from start to finish. It's a great bit of fun for a wednesday night and Howard is hilarious, as was Robert Webb as a guest star.

I think it's terrible, doubt I'll be watching anymore. Everyone's just a complete cunt (besides Robert Webb who was great) and that guy from the Inbetweeners is bloody annoying.

Now, Show & Tell on E4 is a cracking little program though. Chris Ramsey was gold the first 2 weeks, Elis James has been okay when he's been on and Nick Helm was magnificent this week. The bird the 2nd week was funny too, not big on the other ones though, or the annoying baldish bloke from the 2nd week.

Edited by YI

Anyone else watching Person of Interest? Great cast (Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson), Exectutive Producers are JJ Abrams and Johnathan Nolan (and it was created by Nolan too) and a really interesting premise.

Only problem for me is that I keep picturing Caviezel as Jesus, beating the shit out of everyone and shooting people. That's not actually a bad thing though. I'd check it out.

I think I like it more because a lot of my friends like it and quote it at each other, but I did find it very, very funny. It's pretty dry but it's certainly better than anything else on TV on a wednesday night.

Also, going Parks and Rec to watch after EWB's bigged it up so much and I've finally started season 2 of Six Feet Under, which I've been putting off a while, and it's as good as the first season. Great show.

I just watched the first episode of Fresh Meat on 4od and enjoyed it immensely. It wasn't as laugh out loud funny as Peep Show, but it had it's moments, and Jack Whitehall was just tremendous (even though the character isn't much of a stretch for him.) I'm looking forward to this promised Robert Webb appearance as well.

Guest mr. potato head

I think I like it more because a lot of my friends like it and quote it at each other, but I did find it very, very funny. It's pretty dry but it's certainly better than anything else on TV on a wednesday night.

Also, going Parks and Rec to watch after EWB's bigged it up so much and I've finally started season 2 of Six Feet Under, which I've been putting off a while, and it's as good as the first season. Great show.

Don't write Parks and Rec off because of Season 1. It really picks up after that.