General Television Thread

Hellfire

People shit on it because the show fucking sucks and has done so forever now. It is however the best show to watch if you want to hate on it.

• Like 1

Two And A Half Men was great last night. I really enjoy the show, why so many people shit on it, just because Charlie Sheen is "not in it". I mean, 8 seasons are nothing? Let`s shake up things a little.

Believe me, Charlie Sheen not being in it is the last of the problems people have with that pile of garbage.

• Like 3

I'm not sure what to make of 2 Broke Girls. It's okay, I've watched all 3 episodes, but I haven't really laughed all that much. It's more entertaining than Two and a Half Men or Big Bang Theory, but I don't really care about new episodes or anything.

Also Whitney has been picked up for a full season because apparently NBC's Thursday night block will never, ever have a lineup that I 100% like.

There was that very brief period where they had Community, Parks & Rec, The Office and 30 Rock all on at once and it was glorious.

The Whitney news has me concerned what happens when 30 Rock comes back though... because you know it means bad things for Community or Parks & Rec. Do they bump one of them to a new night? Put one on hiatus? The dreaded c-word? Maybe they'll experiment with the three-hour comedy block again? I wouldn't mind this line-up:

8pm - Up All Night (it's their best hope for a mainstream hit to lead off the night)

8:30 - Community

9pm - The Office

9:30 - Parks & Rec

10pm - 30 Rock

10:30 - Whitney

It probably won't happen, but it's not like NBC has anything else to put on. That's my only hope for Community making it to its fourth (and presumably, final) season.

Yeah, I'd like them to just do the three-hour block again. I would watch that entire lineup right up until 10:30pm, which is a slight bit better than the last time they tried it since I didn't watch Perfect Couples or Curb Your Reiser.

I wouldn't put Up All Night up against Big Bang Theory if they want to give it a chance at being a hit, though. Give it the post-Office slot if that's the intent, the 8:30pm slot otherwise. I love Community but it's never going to be a big hit.

EDIT: tKz; Community's ratings are pretty low. I think it'll survive to season four, though, because apparently they're just on the cusp of having enough episodes to syndicate. Plus it's on NBC, and NBC has been reluctant to cancel shows with huge fan followings if not huge ratings (see: Chuck making it to five seasons and getting the opportunity to end on its own terms).

I forgot about Big Bang, but NBC does need a big show to lead off the night. Community is not a night-starter, but something solid in that spot could help out all the other shows... or get crushed by CBS.

And yeah, Community does pretty bad overall, although it does decent in its demo, which along with the potential for syndication, has helped it stay afloat. And NBC does have a good track record with fan favorites. Chuck, Scrubs, 30 Rock, Friday Night Lights (even if they did have to do some voodoo there), so I'm cautiously optimistic for Community making it to season 4, which would be a logical conclusion.

Just saw this article, thought it was somewhat interesting.

Just the aussie tv guide guessing on whether some new shows will survive or not.

Which new TV shows will survive the axe?

what-are-the-odds.jpg

They've aired overseas to mixed reviews, so we take a look at the new shows about to hit our shores and predict

whether they're likely to survive the axe...

Outsourced (LEAST LIKELY)

(Channel Seven) 50:1

Set in an Indian call centre and starring former Neighbours star Pippa Black, this show isn't even worth switching

the TV on for.

Charlie's Angels

(Nine Network) 45:1

Despite Aussie Rachael Taylor's butt-kicking efforts, the clunky script makes for poor viewing and isn't enough to

keep this remake afloat.

Unforgettable

(Nine Network) 15:1

Aussie actress Poppy Montgomery back on the box? Check. A woman who has hyperthymesia, a medical condition

that makes her remember everything? Check. Entertaining and worth the watch? Check and check.

Person of Interest

(Nine Network) 10:1

Yes, it uses gimmicks to charm its audience and parts of it are hard to decipher, but this is one of the better overseas

products of the season — and it stars Jim Caviezel!

Terra Nova (MOST LIKELY)

(Network Ten) 1:1 Not just for sci-fi nerds, so don't be dissuaded! With a hearty family story beneath the dinosaurs

and comic stardust, thisSteven Spielberg-produced epic series, filmed in and around Queensland, only leaves you

wanting more.

Some quality stuff cropping up on 'on Demand' at the minute. I literally spent a whole day watching the entire first series of "Friday Night Lights" earlier this week, and Minka Kelly now has pride of place in my fantasies. I totally make the most of my week off. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Just saw this article, thought it was somewhat interesting.

Just the aussie tv guide guessing on whether some new shows will survive or not.

Which new TV shows will survive the axe?

Outsourced (LEAST LIKELY)

(Channel Seven) 50:1

Set in an Indian call centre and starring former Neighbours star Pippa Black, this show isn't even worth switching

the TV on for.

They must have missed the memo.

• Like 2

Some quality stuff cropping up on 'on Demand' at the minute. I literally spent a whole day watching the entire first series of "Friday Night Lights" earlier this week, and Minka Kelly now has pride of place in my fantasies. I totally make the most of my week off. :shifty:

Does it bother you that I get to see her in person every now and then? :shifty: