General Television Thread

Hellfire

They should just make a show called "MEN SHOULD KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A TIRE" and be done with it.

The whole "what happened to men?!" thing is just so antiquated though. I know we're in the era of skinny jeans and all, but Jesus Christ, this is shit Married With Children, and even Home Improvement, tackled 20 years ago. Hell, All in the Family had "girls were girls and men were men" in their theme song in the fucking 70s. Much like casual racism and homophobia, then "men need to be like this" ideal died out a LONG time ago.

Besides, all the things that were once "manly" are now performed by child labor in China and if a six-year-old girl can do it - and have an government-forced abortion at lunch - it probably wasn't that manly to begin with.

Once Upon A Time seems like an interesting show to say the least . . .

I thought the pilot was pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to Grimm, but given that Grimm is on NBC on Friday nights I'd guess Once Upon A Time will last longer regardless of quality.

I thought the pilot was pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to Grimm, but given that Grimm is on NBC on Friday nights I'd guess Once Upon A Time will last longer regardless of quality.

My wife loved it, but she's big time into fairy tales and stuff like that. I honestly could take or leave it. I'll probably continue to watch as she does, but if I was on my own, I don't think I'd care enough to come back to it. Shame really as I was quite excited about it leading up to the pilot.

I would presume that Grimm would be safer as it appears that networks have LOW expectations for Friday Nights. However, Once Upon a Time was pretty solid. Hope it gets a decent run and keeps up in quality.

I would presume that Grimm would be safer as it appears that networks have LOW expectations for Friday Nights. However, Once Upon a Time was pretty solid. Hope it gets a decent run and keeps up in quality.

The fact that Grimm is on NBC is the bigger problem than the night :shifty:

They should just make a show called "MEN SHOULD KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A TIRE" and be done with it.

The whole "what happened to men?!" thing is just so antiquated though. I know we're in the era of skinny jeans and all, but Jesus Christ, this is shit Married With Children, and even Home Improvement, tackled 20 years ago. Hell, All in the Family had "girls were girls and men were men" in their theme song in the fucking 70s. Much like casual racism and homophobia, then "men need to be like this" ideal died out a LONG time ago.

Besides, all the things that were once "manly" are now performed by child labor in China and if a six-year-old girl can do it - and have an government-forced abortion at lunch - it probably wasn't that manly to begin with.

And the next episodes description is something along the lines of the company Tim Allen's character works for deciding whether to have the softball team become co-ed.

Ringer is a lot more dull than it should be.

Needs more from Siobhan's perspective.

Also, I'm not sure how much longevity a show like this could really have. I mean, the premise is great, but after 2-3 seasons it could certainly drag on without basically an entire reformat of the show.

Watched the pilot of Happy Endings after catching a bit of the Halloween episode from last night and it was pretty good. Once I catch up Ill have to add it to my DVR schedule, assuming Cox stops being a dick and doesnt screw up the recordings.

Plus Jo from Scrubs :wub:

Guest mr. potato head

Watched the pilot of Happy Endings after catching a bit of the Halloween episode from last night and it was pretty good. Once I catch up Ill have to add it to my DVR schedule, assuming Cox stops being a dick and doesnt screw up the recordings.

The pilot's not bad, but it gets better pretty quickly.

I saw that advertised the other day and couldn't figure out where I knew her from. Might have to pick that one up since so many of the shows I thought would be great this year have turned out to be incredibly mediocre.

Loved it even better when there was one episode with Drew from Scrubs as well, quite funny to see at the time. But yeah, downloaded the first season and watched em all in a row, quickly followed that up with the second season, good stuff.

It is a pretty good show. Im actually glad Damon Wayans is on this show instead of New Girl. Almost done with the first season now, then only a few episodes from the second before Im forced to wait a week for each new episode :(

I know how you feel Vitamin. :(

I also loved the fact they used Damon Sr to play his dad, cracked me up.

Can't say I was very fond of last night's Community, which is a shame as I just raced through the first 2 seasons and then had to wait 2 weeks for another episode.