General Television Thread

Hellfire

All the time.

My favorite one is in Game of Thrones, where they outright created a new character for the purpose of a) other characters delivering exposition to her and b) nudity, and probably not in that order.

I really really really enjoyed the segment where they made fun of the Skrillex video. And also the MGMT video, but oh my god, the "I shoulda never sent Jenny to Hogwarts" or somesuch line was hysterical.

Do you mean Littlefinger's new prostitute? Yeah, didnt like that, but the scene where he's telling her about him fighting for Cait was pretty cool...

Yeah, Roz. I mean, after reading the book (which I did over the course of mid-September to mid-October) I got why there was the need for a character to deliver endless exposition/backstory to, but the fact that it was a prostitute was very "oh yes, this is an HBO show."

Oh my God, the return of Beavis & Butt-Head is the greatest thing to happen to MTV - and TV in general - ever.

It's crazy that it's been, what, 14 years? And the show doesn't seem to have missed a beat at all.

I thought Grimm was good although it dragged a little in the middle. The cop's going to have to stop breaking the law chasing after every one of the villains though. Aside from that, it kept my interest and I'm looking forward to the next episode. I did like how they used The Eurythmics version of Sweet Dreams in the beginning and then switched to the Manson cover at the end.

The second ep of Once Upon A Time was a little too Evil Queen/Regina heavy, but I'm hopeful that the show will be around for a while. I'll probably watch the first two episodes again just to see if there's anything I didn't catch the first time around.

So has anyone here been watching Terra Nova on FOX?

I watched the 2-hour premiere and the next episode and the show just isn't grabbing me. It's good, for the most part, but every episode ends so conclusively that I have no real urge to watch the next.

Edited by Universal

I didn't like Grimm very much. I thought it was pretty plain and generic. Its up against Smackdown and FRinge on FRidays, so it won't be getting much of another viewing from me.

And Terra Nova..yea, I agree. I have a few episodes on my dvr to watch because, after the premier, I just haven't had the will to wtch it. It hought it was interesting, but yea, the way the episodes end..

Comparing someone to Elliot Reid and finding them inferior is the single worst insult I've ever heard about a TV character.

I'd challenge you to watch last night's episode and see if the comparison is appropriate, but no one deserves to suffer that much.

So you haven't watched New Girl. I find it a pretty accurate observation.

I've watched two episodes. I don't think the comparison is entirely valid but I get it. She's a much worse character than Elliot from the first couple seasons of Scrubs but I'm not sure there's a character on TV I hate more than Elliot from Scrubs post-season 3.

So you haven't watched New Girl. I find it a pretty accurate observation.

I've watched two episodes. I don't think the comparison is entirely valid but I get it. She's a much worse character than Elliot from the first couple seasons of Scrubs but I'm not sure there's a character on TV I hate more than Elliot from Scrubs post-season 3.

This week's episode hinged on her seeing Nick naked and not being able to say the word penis until the end. The only thing they could have done to make it more obvious was to actually use schwing schwang or bajingo when she was talking about herself after Nick saw her naked. Add in that Schmidt wanted to see Nick's junk because everyone else had, and it was about as homoerotic as most JD/Turk scenes. And there's a sassy brown skinned female friend on each show. Draw your own conclusions :shifty:

Oh my God, the return of Beavis & Butt-Head is the greatest thing to happen to MTV - and TV in general - ever.

I really really really enjoyed the segment where they made fun of the Skrillex video. And also the MGMT video, but oh my god, the "I shoulda never sent Jenny to Hogwarts" or somesuch line was hysterical.

I'm tardy to the party (I didn't even know it was returning!), but I agree with both these things. Caught it yesterday afternoon, thinking it was a repeat of the older ones, and was pleasantly surprised. DVR: set.