General Television Thread

Hellfire

Not exactly a tv show but I don't think there is an Amazon Prime thread. Has anyone else watched Bosch? I really enjoyed it and am glad to hear that it is getting a second series.

Going to take a look at Transparent and Hand of God next, as I've heard good things about those as well.

Transparent is incredible, I don't often agree with the Emmys, but they were spot on with Transparent being the best comedy.

At least I thinj they won best comedy.

I've watched the first two episodes and am really enjoying it.  Wouldn't really class it as a comedy though so far.

• Like 1

We decided to quit watching Code Black. Deleted the latest episode from the DVR and stopped recording the series.

Huge plot hole to Limitless: Why doesn't he just chip off a sample of the NZT pill and  start to make a cure while he's under the effects of it?

New Grey's Anatomy

So you're telling me that out off all the women Callie could be dating she just so happens to chose the one that was one of the doctors treating Shepherd the day he died? Wasn't he in a different state when that happened?

Also now that I think about it there has never been a male homosexual couple on that show. I wonder why that is.

Edited by Hellraiser

I just got around to this week's Fresh Off The Boat. Totally killed it. I had no idea that Eddie Huang left the show this season, though - honestly, I totally didn't even notice that season 2 hasn't had any narration yet. You'd think that'd be something noticeable, but it's really not a big loss and Huang comes off as a bit of a dick on Twitter. I feel like the criticism of the show rings a little false at times, what with him dumping on the show all the time and saying he hasn't watched anything since the pilot. I mean, he did all those VOs for season one so he had to have some idea of how the show was going to turn out, right?

• Like 1

I just got around to this week's Fresh Off The Boat. Totally killed it. I had no idea that Eddie Huang left the show this season, though - honestly, I totally didn't even notice that season 2 hasn't had any narration yet. You'd think that'd be something noticeable, but it's really not a big loss and Huang comes off as a bit of a dick on Twitter. I feel like the criticism of the show rings a little false at times, what with him dumping on the show all the time and saying he hasn't watched anything since the pilot. I mean, he did all those VOs for season one so he had to have some idea of how the show was going to turn out, right?

In the essay he wrote he made it pretty clear that he wasn't fond of what they were asking him to say in the voiceovers but he was contractually obligated to do it. They must have negotiated him out after it was clear he wasn't going to change his tune. It's tricky though because I completely understand why someone would be upset that the vision of a show about their life isn't what they thought it would be. On the flip side, it became ABC's to do with as they please once he sold the rights so there's only so much he can do. 

We decided to quit watching Code Black. Deleted the latest episode from the DVR and stopped recording the series.

Huge plot hole to Limitless: Why doesn't he just chip off a sample of the NZT pill and  start to make a cure while he's under the effects of it?

Because they watch him take it.Not to mention he's hardly ever alone.

Finished my rewatch of Spaced. It really was such a fun show. I miss that period when British comedy had shitloads of different stuff on BBC and Channel 4, and all the people crossed over into each others shows. It really made it extra clear just how sparse British comedy is right now.

Finished Regular Show season four last night and I'm half and half...

I'm glad that it seems Margaret will be around less as I don't really care much for her as a character since she's basically entirely just there as "the crush", but that it took them four seasons to just do that annoys the crap out of me.