General Television Thread

Hellfire

Bob's Burgers and B99 season premieres were great. 

EDIT: I could have sworn we had a B99 thread, didn't we? Oh well. NINE-NIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

I was looking for it last night, but I got lazy when I didn't see it on the first page. Such a good premier!

So, who else caught the new Daily Show? I didn't think it was bad. There were a few jokes that I didn't really think were that great, but the interview segment was fine and Jordan Klepper freaking out was great too. Roy Wood Jr. as a new correspondent is also fine by me, and is it me or is CC more lax with the new Daily Show? I remember it was on rare occasion that some language would slip through uncensored, usually whenever it was bullshit mountain/war on bullshit segments.

It was good enough. Some of the jokes straight-up died, but Noah doesn't feel like either too much of a retread or too much of a deviation as of yet, and I love the new graphics. The Roy Wood Jr. bit was my favorite.

One thing that Jon did that Noah should try to avoid, though, is silly voices. No silly voices please. Avoid the silly voices.

• Like 1

It was good enough. Some of the jokes straight-up died, but Noah doesn't feel like either too much of a retread or too much of a deviation as of yet, and I love the new graphics. The Roy Wood Jr. bit was my favorite.

One thing that Jon did that Noah should try to avoid, though, is silly voices. No silly voices please. Avoid the silly voices.

Wyatt Cenac would beg to differ. :shifty:

Oh shit, the first episode aired already? How much of it is stuff from the YouTube videos and how much is new?

Yeah, it aired last night.

They did the engagement ring bit off the top, but I believe the rest was new (and they will be bringing up the 'pure breed animals' one in a future episode).

Was totally unaware Desi Lydic is a Daily Show correspondent now. Yay! I always dug her as Val in Awkward.

Speaking of Awkward., has anyone watched season 4 or season 5 (the current season)? I quit watching it when Lauren Iungerich left the show. 

The Americans Season 3

Episode 8, and the season started out decent enough, with Philip and the teenage girl story being a really intriguing story of morality. But it's all dragging now especially the story with Page finding out about her parents. Getting tedious.

Being a massive man child I've already praised Star Wars Rebels in this thread, now I will praise Droid Tales. Just the right pitch in terms of gags, nothing too clever but far better than any 'funny' Star Wars parodies I've seen previously.

Highlights being the droids rediscovering Obi Wan at which point Luke queried him going into hiding but keeping his surname, response being 'You kept yours too!' before a rapid 'never mind', plus R2-D2 dropping a danger is my middle name with 3PO responding 'Your middle name is hyphen!'.

I'm easily amused.

• Like 1