General Television Thread

Hellfire

One more bit of bitching: Heidi and I are done with Masterchef. We'll continue to watch Masterchef Jr, but the version with adults doesn't exist anymore as far as we're concerned. The finale was world class bullshit, and the person who won even making the final two didn't make sense.

And it seems we're not alone. Just about every site we checked out, the majority of people agreed with us that the wrong person was declared the winner. 

Just got to the episode of Another Period where Beatrice breaks down and reverts to acting like 3-year old. Holy shit. The "Daddy Wouldn't Buy Me a Bow-Wow" scene. Holy shit.

So, I missed the last 2 seasons of Supernatural and I decided to rewatch it from season 1, slowly and damn Jared is small in the beginning compared to later in the series. Hopefully it will be a lovely rewatch because I love Jensen and Jared! They are so epic together.

• Like 1

Fresh Off The Boat season 2 premiere was hilarious. It reminded me so much of my own family, great stuff.

This is why my husband doesn't really love Modern Family all that much. Gloria is so far from the typical Latino person that it's just impossible to relate to for him. My husband finds her funny when she is talking about life back in Columbia, but everything else he just doesn't find her story or character relatable. I have the same struggles with Cam and Mitch. To some extent, I understand and relate to them, but not really. They've got an experience that is much different than the average gay guy and I find a lot of the stuff that I do relate to never concerns their children. I really loved the story where Mitchell didn't want to bring his dad around his gay friends, because it is Jay just entering a world he will not understand.

Edited by RPS
  • Like 2

Muppets was okay. Something's off, tonally. I'm the happiest when the gags are big and dumb; Scooter and Elizabeth Banks having a fight scene over an unwanted studio tour, Big Mean Carl getting a talking head confessional only to have the camera get bored and pull away. Most of the "adult" jokes didn't land for me, but the one that did ("Too many women, too many towns") killed me.

By comedy pilot standards, though, it's still certainly enough for me to keep watching every week. Probably will watch the Fresh Off the Boat premiere later today.

Eh. It got average reviews on AVC, so I'm still kind of inclined to check it out. Jamie Lee Curtis' involvement was the only reason I was going to bother with it anyway.

As I said when American Horror Story became a thing, I am not letting myself get fooled by Ryan Murphy shows again after Glee. I'm all too sick of overwritten "edgy" dialogue.

• Like 4