General Television Thread

Hellfire

Most of the laugh out loud moments in Veep are between Jonah / people that insult Jonah. Selina's meltdowns are always good for a laugh too, but I find that Veep's very much the kind of show that has you smiling the whole time you're watching it.

• Like 1

Just watched the season finale of The Brink. Jack Black normally annoys me so I didn't expect to like it, but I really did enjoy it to be fair. 

I'm quite enjoying The Brink. I like it because of the mix of politics, comedy, satire and farce. And Robbins, Black and Mandvi are really, really good in this.

And the kickass music during the credits. That is the best way to get me to sit thru the credits.

• Like 1

A Judge Cited a John Oliver Segment in a Recent Court Decision

I feel like the show deserves it's own thread by now; it's so great and always completely on point.

I hate that show. It has disrupted The Bugle! 

At the moment I'm binging thru The Last Ship. I like it. I like anything post apocalyptic tho >_>

Having watched the Dark Matters prequel, I am cautiously optimistic for Heroes Reborn. I enjoyed the quick web series, and really want to give the show a chance. Plus, it has HRG back and Zach Levi... that means it is worth a shout.

Plus, having no Sylar, Peter Pretrelli, or Claire should do the show a world of good

So, about that Hannibal finale...That surely was underwhelming...Maybe the gut-wrechner that was the season 2 finale spoilt me in that regard but I expected much more from this. Yes, I know they probably thought they were going to do another season when they wrote and filmed it but even if you view this episode as a simple season finale instead of a series finale it still is weak compared to the season 1 and especially the season 2 finale. I hope that someone picks this show or they get to make a movie so that we'll get a proper ending to this epic story.

Having watched the Dark Matters prequel, I am cautiously optimistic for Heroes Reborn. I enjoyed the quick web series, and really want to give the show a chance. Plus, it has HRG back and Zach Levi... that means it is worth a shout.

Plus, having no Sylar, Peter Pretrelli, or Claire should do the show a world of good

Hey! Sylar was awesome! And Peter wasn't so bad.

• Like 1

Peter's only problem was that he was Superman, his power was far too strong and he was always the big damn hero. Otherwise he was solid. Sylar was poorly handled, but Quinto always made him entertaining at least. Claire was the worst.

• Like 1

Peter's only problem was that he was Superman, his power was far too strong and he was always the big damn hero. Otherwise he was solid. Sylar was poorly handled, but Quinto always made him entertaining at least. Claire was the worst.

Yeah, if they limited Peter's ability a bit, he would have been golden. And first season Sylar? That was the best. I wish they would have kept him like that.