General Television Thread

Hellfire

Is anyone else watching The Spoils Before Dying? You shouldn't, it's so terrible it's actually putting me off watching the Wire ever again just because it'll remind me of this utter shit. I've forced myself through 5 episodes.

It's a minority I'm happy to be in then, it's trying to be clever and failing miserably, then using some sub-Darkplace spoof period special effect gags. Add in Ferrell being Ron Burgundy again and I'm tapping out if there's more than six.

I'm pretty sure one other person on here watches Coronation Street so its not a waste of a post - but they're rehashing the Steve Mcdonald/Jez Quigley plot line at the minute and I can't wait for Tony to smack the shit out of Callum :shifty:

• Like 1

The penultimate Episode of Hannibal is in the bag! And what an awesome one it was!

I really have to give kudos to Richard Armitage for his performance. He is killing it every week. The best Dolarhyde by far (and that comes from someone who considers Ralph Fiennes performance of the character a very good one). I mean that scene where he bites of Dr Chilton's lips:o! I mean Jesus fucking Christ that was scary! That really made me gringe which is something that doesn't happen often to me.

It was a nice twist to have Chilton be the one kidnaped by Dolarhyde instead of Lounds. We already saw her "burn" in Season 2 and doing it for real here would've been repetitive. And that scene where Chilton is set on fire. Seeing him with that expression of pure panic on his face being engulfed by flames in slow motion was so painful to watch. I kinda wish it happened to Bedelia instead...

And earlier when Graham put his hands on Chilton's shoulder it was the first time I really belevied that he did it either subconsciously or deliberately. Neither Edward Norton nor William Peterson ever managed to sell me that Will Graham could actually become a serial killer himself. No matter what they did I never felt that they're dangerous. I was never scared of them. I am scared of Hugh Dancy's Hannibal because I have no idea what he might be able or willing to do.

Edited by Hellraiser

I'm pretty sure one other person on here watches Coronation Street so its not a waste of a post - but they're rehashing the Steve Mcdonald/Jez Quigley plot line at the minute and I can't wait for Tony to smack the shit out of Callum :shifty:

Home and Away is the only soap that I watch religiously :shifty: but Coronation Street is second best for sure. Craig is my favourite, kid's hilarious. Are they doing a Jason is brain damaged story out of this Callum is a dick thing?

I just watched parts 1 & 2 of Show Me A Hero. Really digging it so far.

Also, thoughts on the Ballers season finale:

Nothing changes! Robert Wisdom is here! Now Ricky Jarret's father issues are gone! I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed. There wasn't even any sort of cliffhanger ending to hook the viewer for next season, it's just "everything works out okay". Bit.. boring, really.

But Robert Wisdom!

Mr. Robot's season finale is postponed a week because it contained a "graphic scene similar in nature" to what happened in Virginia yesterday.

Have to delay on watching Season 5 of The Wire until we get broadband, so finally got round to watching Veep. I'm four episodes in and unsurprised to find that I like it, going by whose behind the camera. I don't laugh out loud a lot, but I'm constantly entertained so that's always good. Guessing like most US comedy shows, it just gets better and finds itself as it goes along. 

• Like 2

Have to delay on watching Season 5 of The Wire until we get broadband, so finally got round to watching Veep. I'm four episodes in and unsurprised to find that I like it, going by whose behind the camera. I don't laugh out loud a lot, but I'm constantly entertained so that's always good. Guessing like most US comedy shows, it just gets better and finds itself as it goes along. 

HA! I just started watching Veep too and have also seen 4 episodes.

Let's be best friends forever! :D 

Let's be best friends forever! :D 

Okay!