General Television Thread

Hellfire

Hannibal finale...

... fell really flat for me. Even for a season finale it wasn't particularly gripping, and the literal cliffhanger made me roll my eyes.

At times the show has been the best on TV, and if it continues elsewhere then I will watch it, but I can't say I'm particularly sad to see it go following this inconsistent at best third season, and I think Mads, Dancy, and Fuller will all continue to shine on other projects.

It was fun while it lasted.

Hannibal finale...

Hidden Content

I'm with you on the finale. It really didn't feel as satisfying as I hoped it would be. It also felt rushed at times. I think this finale would've benefited from a longer run-time to set everything up better. And about the final few scenes:

I don't view it as a cliff hanger. They're dead. Even with Hannibal being the ultimate bad ass in this series how are they going to survive that fall? And even if they do the heavy swell would've smashed them against the rocks. The only downside to this theory is that the scene with Bedelia in the end makes no sense because I don't think Bedelia could've amputated and prepared her leg on her own.

I also thing the finale doesn't do Armitage's Red Dragon justice. They disposed of him to quickly. But as mentioned above, everything in this episodes feels like it happens too fast.

And they never followed up on the murders from the very first episode that was supposed to be Dolarhyde according to Bryan Fuller. I've waited for them to bring that up but they never did.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

The ending of Under The Dome sucked. And I have a couple of problems with it....

The baby as an adult = the same actress that played Ava, with a wig and colored contacts. Seriously disappointing. 

What about the aliens or whoever that the Kinship were running from, and why were they? Was this supposed to be a season, rather than series, finale?

(My theory: The other aliens are actually the good guys, out to exterminate the Kinship, who are intergalactic douchebags.)

The only thing I liked was Big Jim being forced to kill Junior.

Is Monk worth giving a shot? I've read mixed things about it.

Depends on whether you're into Monks OCD- and phobia-feuled antics. Because that is the main draw of the show. The police procedural part isn't really worth talking about and mostly played for laughs. The kind of stuff you'd see on shows like "Murder She Wrote", "Colubmo" or "The Rockford Files". Don't expect anything like "Law & Order" or something like that. It really just serves as a vehicle to get Monk into awkward situations that he, his assistant and occasionally his friends in he police have maneuver their way out of. I personally think that Tony Schalub did a great job with the character and he never once annoyed me. But I've heard from a few relatives that they can't stand him.

Overall it's a fun show to watch every now and then when I catch it but nothing I would binge-watch.

John Oliver's church has closed down, but not for the reason you think...

Praise Be Unto You

[Source]

• Like 3

Kind of loved last night's Rick & Morty.

TINY RIIIIIIICK!

Also, this:

"Get your shit together. Get it all together and put it in a backpack, all your shit, so it's together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know? Take it to the shit store and sell it, or-or put it in a shit museum, I don't care what you do. You just gotta get it together. Get your shit together."

Edited by Cloudy
  • Like 1

Anyone been watching The Carmichael Show on NBC? Was pleasantly surprised to see how it funny it was, but also the serious topics it covers. Last week the Black Lives Matter movement was covered and this week transgenderism.

Update to this: I've seen the first three episodes and I like it. It's not great  but it's a pretty solid throwback to the Norman Lear style of sitcom (All in the Family, The Jeffersons, etc). And it's been renewed for a second season!

Winner of So You Think You Can Dance = complete and total bullshit. It was Stage vs. Street, and the winner was a stage dancer who did one street routine the entire season, over a street dancer who did several stage and street routines and outdid the winner at both.

Depends on whether you're into Monks OCD- and phobia-feuled antics. Because that is the main draw of the show. The police procedural part isn't really worth talking about and mostly played for laughs. The kind of stuff you'd see on shows like "Murder She Wrote", "Colubmo" or "The Rockford Files". Don't expect anything like "Law & Order" or something like that. It really just serves as a vehicle to get Monk into awkward situations that he, his assistant and occasionally his friends in he police have maneuver their way out of. I personally think that Tony Schalub did a great job with the character and he never once annoyed me. But I've heard from a few relatives that they can't stand him.

Overall it's a fun show to watch every now and then when I catch it but nothing I would binge-watch.

is it weird that i don't mind monk's antics at all but absolutely hate sheldon cooper

John Oliver's church has closed down, but not for the reason you think...

Praise Be Unto You

[Source]

Bring back The Bugle :@

• Like 1

is it weird that i don't mind monk's antics at all but absolutely hate sheldon cooper

There is a difference between Sheldon Cooper and Monk. While Monk has his OCDs and Phobias he generally is a nice person who at least tries to cater to his friend's needs. Even if he fails there is an effort there. He is never simply an asshole to anybody and even if he becomes hard to deal with you know he doesn't do it on purpose.

Sheldon on the has just become a complete antosocial cunt over the course of the show (if you compare him now to how he was in the first season you'll find that he has become much worse) whose unabillity to empathize with the people around him borders on sociopathy. There were so many times on the show where I would've punched him square in the face.

Monk is a damn good show. But in my opinion it got better after a certain character left and was replaced by another during season 3.

Natalie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sharona

Definitely agree there. My fiancé happens to disagree vehemently with me, but to each their own.