General Television Thread

Hellfire

Yeah - it essentially boils down to two insanely different personalities that could see through that kind of stuff and found a lucrative chance to bring their skill sets together. A lot of people think that Jamie is a dick outside of the show - but I've seen both sides of the story in multiple cases (specifically the intern related ones) and honestly, there are a ton of professionals out there like him who are perfectly fine people but just want to focus on their work and he has to follow a format that doesn't fit his own - so I'm happy that he's going to have a chance to go forward and do some work that is more in line with the methods that he uses.

Adam is an amazing personality and a great talent in his own right. He will most certainly be fine coming out of all this, so I'm happy for him too - both of them got to do insane stuff that no one else ever will for fourteen years and that's pretty awesome.

Another Amazon Prime show, I know, but I watched the first two episodes of Mr. Robot and have enjoyed them both.  I get the feeling that there is going to be a big twist along the way, along the lines of Fight Club, but we'll see.  From the info before the show it looks like it was made for mainstream TV, did no one pick it up?

Ah, I figured with the amount of press Amazon are giving it that it was a first airing or something.

Cool, I'll likely blitz through it this weekend.

Yeah they're just trying to capitalize on the buzz it had during the Summer when everyone was talking about it. One of the most talked about shows of the year and for good reason - it's fantastic. 

I had talked about it on here and it was all over the internet when it was airing. It looks like it's exclusive to Amazon in the UK and just went up last week though so I imagine the awareness wasn't quite there yet. 

• Like 1

Another Amazon Prime show, I know, but I watched the first two episodes of Mr. Robot and have enjoyed them both.  I get the feeling that there is going to be a big twist along the way, along the lines of Fight Club, but we'll see.  From the info before the show it looks like it was made for mainstream TV, did no one pick it up?

Don't click unless you've watched the show.

Called it.

Although it seemed like they wanted people to spot it.

Found the pilot for The Knick pretty absorbing, some strange camera angles and music choices aside. Feels like a show I haven't seen many people on here talk about, but always found myself quite in to Soderbergh's output, so decided to give it a shot. 

The Leftovers S2E4

Another vanishing? Things are getting interesting. And I'm glad that Kevin started talking to his ghost person. Can't wait to see where that goes.

Also! I want more Issac! And more about the guy who lives in a trailer! And the guy who lives in that tower.