General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 11/24/2015, 12:47:02, The Iron Forky said:

I doubt many people on here, if anyone at all, is watching Blindspot but I've been enjoying it. It's not exactly anything you have to think hard about and it's quite predictable but it's still been pretty fun. It just had it's mid season Finale until January and again, the reveal was predictable but it still has me wondering where they're going to go with it from here.

Love the show, but I am not a big fan at all of them having already revealed Jane's true identity and the actual mystery only being why, not who. 

Also hope we don't get any Blacklist crossovers.....

Sadly, looks like The Player will probably be canned. And its just now getting good.

1 hour ago, Lars Elric said:

Nashville was another fun episode of Master of None. Epic show!

Nashville was probably my favorite episode of the batch. I loved it. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2015, 5:00:57, Lars Elric said:

So, I've started watching Cheers and the first few episodes have been fun! Coach is epic so far. Anyone else has seen Cheers?

Yeah, I honestly have watched the first couple episodes and maybe the one Thanksgiving episode a few seasons in, but then I skip to around Season 6 onward. Just something about Diane irks me. Its not even Shelley Long, I've enjoyed her in other roles, but Diane Chambers is just an irritating, pretentious character so I've never really gotten into Seasons 1-5 much. Coach is great from what I've seen of him, so is everyone else really, and I get a kick out of it anytime they rag on Diane in later seasons. But while most shows I skip the later seasons, Cheers was just the opposite for me.

• Like 1

Cheers is one of the shows I'll invoke to prove they're wrong whenever someone calls Seinfeld the greatest comedy of all time. 

A few others on that list? the original WKRP In Cincinnati, I Love Lucy and The Andy Griffith Show.

(MASH and Happy Days do not make my list because MASH was really the first dramedy and Happy Days' last few seasons sucked horribly.)

On 11/18/2015, 9:30:04, Benji said:

Why do Netflix funnel every fucking show all out at once? Irritating. Not going to have time for MoN, w/B&D because Jessica Jones is out Friday and will be waaaaay ahead in my priorities.

I cannot even wrap my head around the idea of how that could ever be irritating.  You have them all there to watch at your leisure.  You don't have to tune in at a certain time, you won't miss an episode.  You dictate the pace you watch them at.  Its convenience, pure and simple.  Not like they're going to disappear in a week or something.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 3

Ah, I read that as you being mad that they put whole seasons ou at once, rather that they are just not staggering their release order well.  With that, I agree they did seem to jam a bunch of things into November.

Fargo S2E8

The episode was kinda slow....but I really liked the scene with Hanzee at the bar! And then the last 10-15 minutes were awesome! Dodd being put down by his best 'friend' was amazing and out of nowhere! So good! Although, Mike isn't going to be getting the prize that he wants

:(

And Kirsten Dunst was awesome! Stabbing Dodd in the shoulders because he wasn't being polite. Hilarious.

• Like 1

Fargo.

Spoiler

Peggy Blumquist is a goddamn hero. I don't even care.

The more I think about the episode the more I absolutely adore it. So fucking funny.

• Like 2