General Television Thread

Hellfire

HBO renews leftovers for third and FINAL season :(

I'm torn between sad it's only got three seasons, and really glad they're not going to let it go on too long and potentially ruin what's been an amazing show.

Homeland (eurgh) and The Affair (couldn't get past episode one) also renewed.

I've not even got past three episodes of Homeland Season 5, I think I may just call it quits since I was really hoping S5 would be the last.

X-Files will return on Channel 5 in UK.

The Blacklist has been renewed too.

6 hours ago, Benji said:

HBO renews leftovers for third and FINAL season :(

I'm torn between sad it's only got three seasons, and really glad they're not going to let it go on too long and potentially ruin what's been an amazing show.

This is how I feel. The Leftovers is one of the best shows where I don't understand what is going on!

• Like 1

Slowly going through Master of None and enjoying it. Got to "Nashville" last night, which is the only episode I haven't cared for so far, and otherwise it has ranged from amusing to really funny and thoughtful. Episode fiveish? spoiler:

Spoiler

The scene where he gets confronted by the husband he's cuckolding, and calls him out on being a dick in the ice cream store was bloody hilarious.

6 minutes ago, KAMALLARAMBO said:

Just like how Narcos spoke to me in Mexican and Dominican and such despite it being a Colombian show.

We live in amazing times man.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but I didn't particularly care for the next two Master of None episodes either, particularly the "Old People" episode which felt far more like a standard sitcom episode than the unique feeling the rest of the show has had. Hopefully the last two episodes can pick the steam back up where the first five left off.

The only one that I've been miffed by is The Librarians - I honestly never thought in a million years the Librarian TV movies would warrant a series, much less that it'd do well enough to warrant more than one season. The rest aren't surprising - Major Crimes and Murder in The First are blah police procedurals and those do gangbusters, AHS was a no-brainer, and I heard nothing but awful things about NPH's show. 

I still need to eventually watch House of Cards so people will stop going "You haven't seen it?! OMG! It's the best evaarrrr!"

I watched 5 episodes of House of Cards and just wasn't that interested in it. It is well acted, I just didn't feel any pull to keep watching.