General Television Thread

Hellfire

On 1/6/2016 at 10:31, Cloudy said:

Downloaded this last night. It's pretty fun.

Definitely. Dredd was a great little standalone action film but it left me wanting more, and the universe you can expand into is enormous. I'd love to see what you could do with an hour of weekly tv.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

First episode of Steven Universe is not as entertaining as I'd hoped. How long does it take to pick up?

It's a show that takes some getting into.

Episode 9 is when I thought, "Ok, I can get behind this." (It's wrestling based!)

Episode 11 was when I thought, "Alright, I'm getting the humor of this show. I dig it."

Episode 12 was when I thought, "Well, I'm hooked now." (Features the first song, and the first look into what the gems are/do).

It may seem like a lot of episode, but at least they are only 10 minutes each.

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

I figured it'd probably take a few, just wanted to know what to expect. First two episodes - the gems seem interesting, especially the one with hair over her eye (Amethyst?), but Steven is an utter annoyance and distraction at the moment.

Amethyst is fantastic. 

And I felt the exact same way about Steven for the first few episodes, but he does grow on you. 

5 hours ago, Benji said:

I just tried Googling some SU stuff and holy fuck what is wrong with this show's fans? They seem absolutely batshit mental.

Yeah, the fans, like with most shows, are the worst part. If you can ignore them, you'll be golden. But let me know if you do manage to get to episode 9-12 and start enjoying it!

2 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

I watched like the first 3 or 4 episodes of that show and thought the same about the writers. The one about peanut butter or something was just head scratching. 

One about peanut butter? Not in the first 3 or 4 episodes. Actually, I can't remember anything about that. There was the creepy fry mascot or the cheeseburger backpack.

When I started my current job in summer 2014 one of the team had a custom made 'Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango' keyring. He left within 3 months and I got the quickest promotion of my life, but I'd trade it in to see that keyring again...