General Television Thread

Hellfire

Blackish is worth a go, right? I've heard good things about it but never checked it out. I see it compared to Fresh Off The Boat on AVClub fairly often, and I really enjoy FOTB. 

I find myself thinking that way about every Netflix show I've watched, though. I thought I was bored of House of Cards in the first couple of episodes, but then it got so good (Then season 2 was kinda' boring). Similar feeling for me about Daredevil. It's their comedies I can get into from the get go (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Master of None), but their dramas seem to be the type that need to be bingewatched. I'm getting the same feeling with Jessica Jones as well, I don't feel as keen to watch the next episode (on episode 3 now), but I'm sure just like Daredevil I'll want to watch the whole season in an episode or two.

7 minutes ago, Benkid Nada said:

I find myself thinking that way about every Netflix show I've watched, though. I thought I was bored of House of Cards in the first couple of episodes, but then it got so good (Then season 2 was kinda' boring). Similar feeling for me about Daredevil. It's their comedies I can get into from the get go (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Master of None), but their dramas seem to be the type that need to be bingewatched. I'm getting the same feeling with Jessica Jones as well, I don't feel as keen to watch the next episode (on episode 3 now), but I'm sure just like Daredevil I'll want to watch the whole season in an episode or two.

Amusingly, you pointing out House of Cards is exactly the kind of thing I mean. I've got to episode three on that and, whilst I liked it, I just can't be bothered watching it over numerous other shows, especially because it's the type of show you have to sit down and watch and can't glance away for too long.

Oh man, there's a bunch of stuff which I want to watch at the moment, but the second season of Transparent might've just jumped to the top of the list. Just from this year alone, I still wanna watch Jessica Jones, Narcos, Sense8, The Last Kingdom and River. And still got some catching up to do from last year, and that doesn't even take into account something like Deadwood. So so much TV. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Oh man, there's a bunch of stuff which I want to watch at the moment, but the second season of Transparent might've just jumped to the top of the list. Just from this year alone, I still wanna watch Jessica Jones, Narcos, Sense8, The Last Kingdom and River. And still got some catching up to do from last year, and that doesn't even take into account something like Deadwood. So so much TV. 

I'm weirdly pissed that I started watching Jessica Jones, because I feel like I have to finish that before I can watch Transparent, which is like top 3 best shows on TV and will probably wind up somewhere there when I get around to it.

Anyone watched Man in the High Castle? Heard mixed things about it, wondering how much I can push it back.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Sense8 is terrible, and by a huge margin my biggest disappointment of the year, if that helps :shifty:

I loved Sense8. I had zero expectations about it, outside of it being a Wachowski show, and I adored it. 

The Detectorists is just bloody wonderful 

7 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Anyone watched Man in the High Castle? Heard mixed things about it, wondering how much I can push it back.

I saw the first two episodes of the man in the high castle months ago, must have been leaked or something. I like it. But I'm not sure how they can string out more than one series from the source material, the book is rather short. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

I'm just a little over halfway through it and it's good but the writing isn't the greatest so it doesn't really live up to its potential. I've heard the last two episodes are where it really shines though so maybe they just stretched out the setup way too much.

Edited by livid
  • Like 1