General Television Thread

Hellfire

2 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

Watched Making a Murderer yesterday. Thoroughly infuriating viewing.

Its crazy how many twists this case has.  I've annexed the Serial thread for discussion on it, since Season 2 of Serial is a disappointment thus far.

5 hours ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

Showtime has put the pilot of "Billions" online.

My God...a show with Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis as rivals, amazing. They have a scene at the end that is reminiscent of Carrie vs. Brody, in a good way.

Shame, I would watch the two of them fucking.

• Like 1

I felt like season 1 was good, but it got better when they dropped Eddie Huang as the narrator. The first really great episode in season 1 is episode 4 ("Success Perm") and that's where it hits its stride, imo.

Am I blind? What happened to the Brooklyn Nine-Nine thread? Does it have some esoteric name that I'm not looking for?

Either way: Dancing over. Situation defused.

Sweet, turns out I'm just blind. <_<

Also, January 14th, a Rick & Morty mobile game comes out for iOS and Android devices. It's called Pocket Mortys, it's free, and the idea is that you play as a version of Rick travelling around other universes collecting Mortys, and battling your Mortys against other peoples'.

• Like 3

Okay, seriously, Atelier may be my new favourite show. It's like a Japanese telenovela. The characters all switch their feelings on a dime, it's just throwing random things at you and the main character is like she got ripped out of an anime. It's gripping and hilarious and I love it.

Hopefully there's a second season and Netflix pick up more Japanese shows too.