Your favourite sci-fi series

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Gah. Hard to pick. I love Firefly to bits, but it was only like 1 season long... But then the only other one I might consider a favourite is Fringe, but I'm still powering through it. (I love Walter) I'd probably say Firefly at the moment, as I'm still working my way through a lot of the classics like X-Files and such. If you count Smallville then that's probably a close second. If you can call Lost Sci-Fi, then I'd probably say that tops my list.

Well I'd call Life On Mars sci-fi so I'd definitely class Lost as it.

Yeah, probably Lost then. It get's a lot of crap from people lately and especially from those who don't watch it (LOL HOW CAN THEY STILL BE ON THE ISLAND!?), and after the second season things were a bit touch and go for a while, but it was the first series since Buffy ended back in 2003 to really interest me and keep my captivated. If Buffy was what I wasted my childhood on (which it was), then Lost would be my teen years. >_>

I think it's just a brilliant show, that's had it's ups and down's like most have, but it's one of the few that's ever managed to keep me excited and hyped up for the next episode every week. They could end this season without giving us any half decent answers to any of the hundreds of questions and I'd still call it one of my all time favourites.

As I say though, Fringe is slowly getting there. I'm midway through Series 1 and have been loving it thus far. I just want to give Walter a fan-dabi-dozi big hug every time he says pretty much anything. :blush:

I've been watching the later seasons of Deep Space Nine after starting from Episode 1 a few months ago. The series, especially in seasons five, six, seven, is really hard to match. BSG has some fan-dabi-dozi runs too but I think more or less an entire 3 year period of DS9 was just one top notch episode after the other.

Sleeper favourite so far: Empok Nor. fan-dabi-dozi episode, very frightening.

Bless TOS. I bought the season 1 boxset a couple of months back. I only watched a handful of episodes before I lost interest and moved on to different things. There just generally isn't enough to keep me engaged for the full 45 minutes of an episode.

I did make sure that I watched 'Balance of Terror' though. I love its proto-'Hunt for Red October'-ness.

• Like 1

Fringe may be at the top of my list at the moment but I'm not watching too much Sci-Fi right now. There's so much other stuff I need to get through first before I start watching any new shows. Smallville's pretty good too but I'm only like 5 seasons deep so I can't put that at the top yet.

Damn, that's a really tough question. I've got five or six that I'm in love with. I guess if I had to choose, Buffy would just top the list. Man, do I fucking love that show. Battlestar Galactica is amazing, as is Fringe, Firefly and Smallville. There's so much out there in terms of Science Fiction which is just kick ass. Other than Fringe, are there any really good running Sci-Fi's people can recommend? I can't say I'm big on any Stargate or Star Trek stuff, but I'm open to suggestion.

What's Warehouse 13 like, Essa?

Damn, that's a really tough question. I've got five or six that I'm in love with. I guess if I had to choose, Buffy would just top the list. Man, do I fucking love that show. Battlestar Galactica is amazing, as is Fringe, Firefly and Smallville. There's so much out there in terms of Science Fiction which is just kick ass. Other than Fringe, are there any really good running Sci-Fi's people can recommend? I can't say I'm big on any Stargate or Star Trek stuff, but I'm open to suggestion.

Yeah, if we can class Buffy as Sci-Fi then that'd be my number one, but I don't think you could really call it Sci-Fi. Fantasy, yes, but apart from a few elements of Series 5 & 6, The episode with the Alien (even then, that's just a summoned demon) from series 5 and Ted in series 1, there's not really much Sci-Fi.

Yeah, if we can class Buffy as Sci-Fi then that'd be my number one, but I don't think you could really call it Sci-Fi. Fantasy, yes, but apart from a few elements of Series 5 & 6, The episode with the Alien (even then, that's just a summoned demon) from series 5 and Ted in series 1, there's not really much Sci-Fi.

And if you classed yourself as a proper Buffy fan you would know Ted was season 2 :angry:

Buffy would be my top one if counted. If not either TNG or DS9 from the Star Trek persuasion... was never a massive Voyager fan. I think its because I was eith ambivalent to most characters on it if I didn't downright hate them.

• Like 1