EWB's Top 50 Villains

Draevyn

Well, I was gonna say about how Bill sucked as a villain but then you go and put something like Trigun in there :shifty:

If not for Anton Chigurh Legato would be my favorite soulless bastard villain of all time. Shaddupayourface.

EDIT: Yeah, Split, I suppose that's a fair point. This list is hella subjective anyway, so more power to you (Y)

TV only, just because I watch a lot more TV than I do film.

1. "Stringer" Bell (The Wire)

2. Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

3. Benjamin Linus (Lost)

4. "Snoop" Pearson (The Wire)

5. Sylar (Heroes)

6. Ralph Cifaretto (The Sopranos)

7. Clay Davis (The Wire)

8. Francis Wolcott (Deadwood)

9. Alpha (Dollhouse)

0. Herrick (Being Human)

I'm watching season one of Oz, so that list might require a reshuffle once I'm done.

1. Hans Gruber (Die Hard)

2. John Doe (Se7en)

3. Dr. Hannibal Lecter (The Silence Of The Lambs)

4. Alex DeLarge (A Clockwork Orange)

5. Darth Vader (The Empire Strikes Back)

6. Verbal Kint/Keyser Söze (The Usual Suspects)

7. Gollum (Lord of the Rings)

8. HAL 9000 (2001: A Space Odyssey)

9. Captain Vidal (Pan's Labyrinth)

10. Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)

1. The Joker (Dark Knight)

Duh... No explanation needed. Heath Ledgers Joker is the greatest villain of all time, no questions asked.

2. Magneto (X-Men)

He is the only real villain in X-Men, and honnestly what makes him worse is he is almost as much an ally to the X-Men as he is a threat.

3. Damien (The Omen)

Creepy little devil child who kills his f'n parents.... Yep, thats enough for me.

4. Elle Driver (Kill Bill)

I honnestly think she was the most villainous character of the movies. All of the other ones acknowledged that she deserves to be mad, and deserves her revenge and what they did was wrong... except for Elle. She stuck to her nothing wrong was done and that she had it coming attitude.

5. Esther (Orphan)

Again, creepy little child(ish) who tries to kill her family. Maybe its the teacher in me, but that always gets me.

6. Baby (The Devils Rejects)

Close one between she and Otto, but she's a step above him because she is really just batshit insane! She's hot and murderous. And has no remorse at all, but geniounly seems to enjoy doing what she does to them.

7. Otis (The Devils Rejects)

Like I said above, it was close between he and Baby, but she gets a little more of a nudge. However, Otto is one crazy SOB. He is more ruthless than baby, aswell as aggressive, but the fact that she looks like she enjoys doing it is just more evil to me.

8. O-Ren Ishii (Kill Bill)

Probably the most organised and viscious of the villains. However, she places so low because she goes soft at the end (like very very end of her life). However, she does kick serious ass the rest of the time. Probably my favorite character next to the bride.

9. Spike (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

Spike, like O-Ren Ishii places low because he goes soft as the series progresses. More than that, he becomes one of the heroes. However, when he was bad he was one of the baddest guys you ever saw on the show.

10. Madison Lee(Charlies Angels: Full Throttle)

Tough call in this one, but Madison Lee is a good villain, because she really pretends to be the good guy along with the girls for the most part of the movie, but when you find out shes bad you find out big time.

Edited by arwrestling

1. Mayor Richard Wilkins III (Buffy)

The most evil character on the show, and perhaps the greatest villian Whedon has ever constructed, even if his ultimate goal is to turn into a giant snake.

2. Otis B. Driftwood (The Devil's Rejects)

Only ranks this high for the visceral reaction he brings simply from being perfectly realistic, a true monster, and a completel psychopath. The only person that could actually make the audience root for Wydell.

3. Karl Hertz (Shoot 'Em Up)

A true thinking man's villian, and despite lacking physical gifts on par with some of the more well-known villians he is without a doubt one of the more dangerous foes on this list simply because he's really fucking good at his job, and unlike other baddies is one that most of us could work for without fear of being randomly executed to prove a point.

4. Benedict (The Last Action Hero)

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for him, because he was the first instance I witnessed as a child of the villian defeating his adversary not through unfair means, or overwhelming odds, or some convuluted scheme. Rather he was simply brilliant even before he entered the real world, and had victory sewn up had it not been for the sudden realization that he's in an Arnold movie and has to die.

"No, Jack. I just left one chamber empty." Fucking, classic.

5. Jubal Early (Firefly)

If anyone questions this decision they don't know my love for the character. He's easily one of my favorite characters of all time, and his unrivaled skill and intelligence makes him a very formidible opponent for any standard hero.

6. Cyrus 'Cy' Tolliver (Deadwood)

Perhaps the most consistently evil character his show has to offer and consider the morality of his fellow characters that statement isn't a light one.

7. Mr. Blonde (Reservoir Dogs)

Madman, psychopath, ultimately an ineffective criminal but pure unadulterated evil. He only graces my list because he was one of the first examples of the psychotic villian I had ever witnessed. He remains one of the better in my opinion.

8. Riley (The Guild)

A person with fan-dabi-dozi potential for evil, because she simply has no care for her fellow human beings and shows absolutely no remorse for any action, while a minor antagonist she represents Codex's greatest foe in the series to date with perhaps the exception of her own insecurities.

It is unlikely we'll get further glimpses into her character, but one can only assume this woman will one day rule the world, or atleast blow it up.

9. Magua (The Last of The Mohicans)

My first villian ever, sadly passing years have shown he wasn't truly evil so much as wronged, and a little disturbed so his place is one of nostalgia and I can't justify giving him a higher spot.

But if you judge a villian by their opposing hero, then he ranks highly because Chingachook is one bad mother fucker.

10. She Go (Kim Possible)

Perhaps the most compotent on the list, she only ranks so low because of her lack of dedication to evil, if she were focused on being a true villian she'd be my number 1.

EDIT: For the sake of debate, I don't really get listing Bill. What he does in the flashback is horrible, but then we actually get to him in the present and in my mind Elle Driver is really the biggest villain in the story and the only reason I have Gogo here and not her is because, well. EWB namesake.

100% with you on this.... Honestly, I initially had put Bill in my list (at #2) and then I thought, not really a villain. I mean, he shot her out of anger, but was such a good guy you *almost* didn't want to see him take that 5th step. Dick thing to do in the flashback, but during the entier KBV2 I just felt as though he wasn't as big a villain as the people working for him.

Bill was the leader of a worldwide assassination guild, he tried to kill Beatrix on her wedding day (while she was pregnant), stole her unborn baby and raised it as his own and all the while continued to do all manner of nasty things just because he was jealous. The guy was a bad guy, just because he was a charmingly awesome one that somewhat found redemption at the end of his tale doesn't make him not a Villain. If we're going to argue about this we might as well discount Darth Vader as well. Heck in comparison, Bill is worse simply for the fact that he didn't even really find redemption, he just accepted that he was beaten.

Bill was bad. Let me repeat, he tried to kill Beatrix on her wedding day, while she was preganant and then stole her unborn child and raised it as his own, all because he was JEALOUS. How is that NOT evil? :P

Bill was the leader of a worldwide assassination guild, he tried to kill Beatrix on her wedding day (while she was pregnant), stole her unborn baby and raised it as his own and all the while continued to do all manner of nasty things just because he was jealous. The guy was a bad guy, just because he was a charmingly awesome one that somewhat found redemption at the end of his tale doesn't make him not a Villain. If we're going to argue about this we might as well discount Darth Vader as well. Heck in comparison, Bill is worse simply for the fact that he didn't even really find redemption, he just accepted that he was beaten.

Bill was bad. Let me repeat, he tried to kill Beatrix on her wedding day, while she was preganant and then stole her unborn child and raised it as his own, all because he was JEALOUS. How is that NOT evil? :P

2 words:

David Carradine

Oh, no, dude was fucked up and certainly evil, but most of that was prior to the actual start of the story; by the time Beatrix wakes up, he's not really that guy anymore. That's why I don't really count him as being a great villain. It's a weird distinction to make, admittedly, so I dunno.

Also hahaha, props to Pleather on his list. Any list with Jubal Early and Shego on it is a winner.

It's a fair point, but when you consider that the film itself is just as much about the story behind why Beatrix is going murder happy as it is about her revenge, I'd say he certainly qualifies. Also it's not like he tried to sit her down and hug it out with her. :P

Every list here is missing Greedo action thinking about it. >_>

1. Hans Gruber (Die Hard)

2. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds)

3. Darth Vader (Star Wars)

4. Hanibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)

5. Joker (Batman or the Dark Knight..either one)

6. The Terminator (The Terminator)

7. The shark (Jaws)

8. The Alien (Alien series)

9. Predator (Predator)

10. Agent Smith (The Matrix)