FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

First time on the world stage - 15

Play with a team in the Online FIFA World Cup™ that's never qualified for the real World Cup Finals.

adidas Golden Shoe - 25

Beat the standing record by scoring 10 goals in an Online FIFA World Cup™ with a single player.

Better luck needed next time - 20

Finish the group stage without advancing to the Knockout stage of the Online 2010 FIFA World Cup™

Practice Makes Perfect - 5

Enter the training grounds to practice after a loss.

Pressure Cooker - 15

Score in a penalty shootout using your Virtual Pro and win the game.

2 Button Mentor - 10

Play and win a co-op game where at least one user is on 2 Button Controls.

2010 FIFA World Cup™ Fever - 10

Challenge and defeat someone with this achievement in the Online FIFA World Cup™.

I don't know why they're secret, theres nothing special about them but spoilers anyway. I came so close to the Pressure Cooker one, Scotland vs Spain was a hard match to keep level but we make it through extra time, to penalties which we ended up losing 4-3 or something. Gutted :(

Playing CYC with Scotland. We have a friendly against France. Manager has me in midfield, and up front he puts....nobody. As in, it's a nameless player, with bright blue hair, either that or a helmet(!), not playing in our strip, and apparently the player is by default a GOALIE.

Theres no wonder Scotland have no clue about football :shifty:

The more I play, the more I get annoyed by the retarded refereeing going on this game. Sometimes you fight someone off the ball in a legal manner, nothing happens, then another moment (usually close to your own goal), the ref gives the opponent a free kick. Also, you're now allowed to make blatant fouls from behind in the penalty area because the ref won't give a penalty anyway. I'm not talking about sliding tackles, but standing tackles. I've also had the opponent get NO CARD when I got taken down from behind while running at an open goal, no defenders in sight. Another moment, I get a red card for "shaving" someone's leg and the opponent could just walk on.

I'm glad they took some annoyances away though, like the CPU scoring basically every free kick on Legendary in FIFA10 despite the player being absolute balls at free kicks. It seems there's less "scripting" involved this time to make the game more fair.

Currently doing a road to the World Cup with Israel and doing well. Also doing a road to World Cup with Qatar with my mate. Had a tough group with Australia, Iraq and China but managed to become second. Now in another qualifying group with S. Arabia, Australia, Japan and Oman, so should be interesting. :pervert:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Can anyone post the Aussie Squad, and also answer if their is any A-League Players in the Player Pool?

I'll only post the starting eleven, can't be arsed with the whole squad:

GK Schwarzer 79 (star player)

RB Emerton 75

CB Neill 78

CB C. Moore 68

LB Chipperfield 75

RDM Grella 74

LDM Culina 71

RAM Bresciano 76

LAM Kewell 79

CF Cahill 80

ST Kennedy 72

Pretty good team. There's also McDonald with a overall of 78 on the bench. About the A-League players, they are there, like A. Thompson, J. Burns, Stefanutto and a lot of other obscure players who play for obscure teams. There's even Holland, who didn't play any match for AZ this year :pervert:

Into the last 16 of the OWC with Wales for a 3rd time. Will try to get past the qtrs for the first time later... :/

I reached the second round with Grenada today, a 1 star team, got me a achievement for that :P Then played against Holland, I got 2-1 up and he messaged me: cheat. What an idiot. Ended up losing anyway, Robben and Van Persie's pace was a bit too much for my 49 defenders :lmao: He was one of those people that watches the ENTIRE replay of his goal and also runs down the field a long time before doing a celebration. Then when I score, he immediately wants to click it away ofcourse. But I don't think he should be boasting about beating a 1 star team with Holland like that :pervert:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I just lost 3-1 to someone playing as Albania whilst I was Holland. Gay.

I find the quick passing too powerful sometimes though, considering the rating of the team or players doesn't seem to affect how good the team is at it. I mean, the guy was playing Albania like Arsenal.

EDIT: For anyone looking for a decent 2 star team for one of the trophies, you could do a lot worse than Estonia.

Edited by Liam

Seriously, are people afraid to shoot in this game? I played someone as Estonia, they were England, and they scored 5 goals (I lost 8-3 >_>....admittedly, it went 5-3 and I lost interest, the last 3 were scored when I was half playing, half surfing the net) by running clean through and passing it sideways to an onrushing player. Just feels really cheap when that is all someone does.