EWR 2010 Stats Update: February

From Red's post a few posts above, EVOVLE and Booker T's PWA were the suggested added promotions. However, up to this point, I have received no information regarding either of these promotions, unless it's in this thread and I just haven't seen it as of yet (I plan to start from post 1 on this thread to start updating as soon as I finish this post, so no need to repost it if it's there). If infor for the promotions isn't provided, they won't be added, at least in the March update. Pending on when I get info on them and how much time I have (meaning, even with the info, do I have time to add them before the end of the month is here) they may or may not be added to March's update. From what I recall ( and I could be wrong) most of EVOLVE's roster is already in the game, which obviously makes it easier to get in, but Booker T's PWA would require adding a lot of workers. If we're looking at adding a lot of workers just to get the promotion on before the end of the month, it's probably gonna wait until April's update, provided we have adequate info by then.

-Bill

EVOVLE Stats:

Size: Regional

Base: USA

Money: $1,000,000

Image: 60

Risk: 60

Production: 50

Advertising: 25

Merchandising: 40

Roster:

Amasis**

Arik Cannon: Lower Midcard No Gimmick Needed? Face

Bobby Fish: Lower Midcard Old School Face Face

Brad Allen: Lower Midcard Cocky Face

Cheech: Opener Dude Face

Chris Dickinson*

Chris Hero**

Chuck Taylor: Lower Midcard Arrgogant Heel

Claudio Castagnoli**

Cloudy**

Fire Ant**

Flip Kendrick: Opener Daredevil Face

Frightmare: Lower Midcard Luchadore Face

Green Ant**

Gran Akuma: Lower Midcard/Midcard Marital Arts Heel

Hallowicked: Lower Midcard/Midcard Luchadore Face

Ikuto Hidaka**

Jigsaw: Lower Midcard/Midcard Luchadore Face

Jimmy Jacobs: Midcard/Upper Midcard Weird Tweener/Heel

Johnny Gargano: Lower Midcard Comedian Heel

Jon Davis: Midcard Bad Ass Heel

Kenn Doane: Midcard/Upper Midcard Arrogant Heel

Kory Chavis: Midcard Bad Ass Heel

Kota Ibushi: Upper Midcard Foreign Star Face

Kyle O'Reilly: Lower Midcard Blue Chipper Face

Louis Lyndon: Opener Daredevil Face

Mercedes Martinez: Lower Midcard Equality Fighter Face/Tweener

Mike Quackenbush: Midcard/Upper Midcard Highlight Reel Face

Munenori Sawa: Lower Midcard Foreign Star Heel

Ophidian**

Shane Hollister**

Silas Young: Lower Midcard Tweener?

Ricochet (Helios): Lower Midcard Highlight Reel Face

TJP (TJ Perkins): Lower Midcard Cocky Tweener

Tommy Dreamer: Non-worker Inspirational Leader Face

* Not in the game

** Debuting at this next show EVOLVE 2 in March.

EVOLVE Staff:

EVOVLE Office (Gabe's stats but as an owner with a technical base)

Lenny Lenoard: Announcer

Jason Harding: Referee

EVOVLE Stables:

Team Lightning: Mike Quackenbush (leader), Jigsaw, Hallowicked & Frightmare

Event names, Name them EVOLVE 1 for January Small/Medium and EVOLVE 2 for March Small/Medium

If anyone can fill in blanks or clarify, please do so.

Looks like most of these could be one off deals, Lenny Lenoard already works for DGUSA

Frightmare did not appear on the 1st show and is only part of the non-sanctioned match at the next show. Plus he is not part of Team Lightning

Remove Dave Prazak from FIP and AAW

A few event changes:

ROH:

A Cut Above to The Big Bang! and make it a PPV

Make Final Battle a PPV seeing as they have a deal with gofightlive.tv

Bound By Hate to Boiling Point

PWG:

iDia De Los Dangerous! to As The Worm Turns

It's It (What Is It) to The Secret Of Guerrilla Island

The Next Show to Guerre Sans Frontieres

Make PWG Anniversary Show a large event

Make the tag team of London and Kendrick active again (Turn Kendrick face in PWG)

Change Nick Jacksons name to Jeremy and turn heel with a cocky gimmick

Change Matt Jacksons name to Max and turn heel with a cocky gimmick (They are using these names in PWG now)

Remove B-Boy from PWG

Maybe change Shimmer's Quadruple DVD taping to April as that is when they are next taping

Add Tommy Dreamer to DGUSA as a Midcard Face. He is wrestling at there next event

Change TJ Perkins name to TJP

Edited by Skins

I think there is a problem with the owners of promotions in what style they favour. For WWE the board of directors apparently prefer a high-flying wrestling product, whereas I think it's obvious that they favour a Sports Entertainment style. Also, Cary Silkin of ROH apparently favours brawlers when it should be a technical product.

Would someone who is more familiar with other smaller promotions mention which style each company favours?

Guest The Phenomenal Red

From Red's post a few posts above, EVOVLE and Booker T's PWA were the suggested added promotions. However, up to this point, I have received no information regarding either of these promotions, unless it's in this thread and I just haven't seen it as of yet (I plan to start from post 1 on this thread to start updating as soon as I finish this post, so no need to repost it if it's there). If infor for the promotions isn't provided, they won't be added, at least in the March update. Pending on when I get info on them and how much time I have (meaning, even with the info, do I have time to add them before the end of the month is here) they may or may not be added to March's update. From what I recall ( and I could be wrong) most of EVOLVE's roster is already in the game, which obviously makes it easier to get in, but Booker T's PWA would require adding a lot of workers. If we're looking at adding a lot of workers just to get the promotion on before the end of the month, it's probably gonna wait until April's update, provided we have adequate info by then.

-Bill

EVOVLE Stats:

Size: Regional

Base: USA

Money: $1,000,000

Image: 60

Risk: 60

Production: 50

Advertising: 25

Merchandising: 40

Roster:

Amasis**

Chris Hero**

Claudio Castagnoli**

Cloudy**

Fire Ant**

Frightmare: Lower Midcard Luchadore Face

Green Ant**

Ikuto Hidaka**

Jigsaw: Lower Midcard/Midcard Luchadore Face

Ophidian**

Shane Hollister**

* Not in the game

** Debuting at this next show EVOLVE 2 in March.

EVOLVE Staff:

EVOVLE Office (Gabe's stats but as an owner with a technical base)

Lenny Lenoard: Announcer

Jason Harding: Referee

EVOVLE Stables:

Team Lightning: Mike Quackenbush (leader), Jigsaw, Hallowicked & Frightmare

Looks like most of these could be one off deals, Lenny Lenoard already works for DGUSA

Frightmare did not appear on the 1st show and is only part of the non-sanctioned match at the next show. Plus he is not part of Team Lightning

Frightmare replaced Jigsaw as a part of Team Lightning in the six-man against Akuma's Army at EVOLVE 1 for whatever reason.

Lenny Lenoard and Lenoard F. Chikarason were both the color commentators for EVOLVE but yes, they have previous promotion commitments as staffers.

I included the men who working for the second EVOLVE show so that they may be added. If they aren't they aren't that's no big deal to me but the fact is they are debuting soon. Might be one off, but when it comes to new indies especially start-ups, who knows.

I think there is a problem with the owners of promotions in what style they favour. For WWE the board of directors apparently prefer a high-flying wrestling product, whereas I think it's obvious that they favour a Sports Entertainment style. Also, Cary Silkin of ROH apparently favours brawlers when it should be a technical product.

Would someone who is more familiar with other smaller promotions mention which style each company favours?

I think that is a glitch in the game when you play it on easy.

Add this worker:

Agent Sly Stetson

Age: I dont know i cant find anything but hes out of the ROH school so im going to say 19

Lightweight

Wage: $2000

Brawl: 10

Speed: 5

Tech: 5

Stiff: 14

Selling: 35

Over: 5

Charisma: 65

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 85

Finisher: DDT (Impact)

Loyalty to Delirious and Daizee Haze (They Trained Him)

Friendships with Bobby Dempsey, Rhett Titus, Alex Payne, Shane Hagadorn, Grizzly Redwood and Ernie Osiris

Add him to ROH with a development deal as a heel with the Executive Consultant gimmick

Guest DroMPHo

If you're playing on Easy, a glitch in the game automatically shifts owners' preferences one down the list. On any other level, it's fine. :)

Add these workers:

Andy Ridge

Birth Month: Nov

Lightweight

Wage: $7000

Brawl: 55

Speed: 55

Tech: 40

Stiff: 30

Selling: 50

Over: 8

Charisma: 40

behavior: 85

Finishers: Superkick (Impact)

Yakuza Kick (Impact)

Friendships with Bobby Dempsey, Rhett Titus, Alex Payne, Shane Hagadorn, Grizzly Redwood, Ernie Osiris and Agent Sly Stetson

Lance Bravado

Age: I dont know i cant find anything but hes out of the ROH school so im going to say 19

Lightweight

Brawl: 45

Speed: 40

Tech: 45

Stiff: 24

Selling: 47

Charisma: 27

Finisher: Powerslam (Impact)

Friendships with Bobby Dempsey, Rhett Titus, Alex Payne, Shane Hagadorn, Grizzly Redwood, Ernie Osiris, Agent Sly Stetson and Andy Ridge

Harlem Bravado

Lightweight

Brawl: 35

Speed: 50

Tech: 45

Stiff: 24

Selling: 47

Charisma: 27

Finisher: Dropkick (Impact)

Friendships with Bobby Dempsey, Rhett Titus, Alex Payne, Shane Hagadorn, Grizzly Redwood, Ernie Osiris, Agent Sly Stetson and Andy Ridge

Blood Relative with Lance Bravado

Add all 3 of them to ROH development as faces

Add The Bravado Brothers as a team with 20 exp. There finisher is Double Tar Heel

Lower Prince Nana's wages to $10000. Hes only a manager

Edited by Skins

Chase Stevens should be a lightweight, not a heavyweight.

I really think Kurt Angle's tech is too low. 83, considering the quality of technical matches he's had in TNA against Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Desmond Wolfe... I just think he's being shortchanged. I'd recommend high 80s, around 87-88.

I think he's slightly more versatile than Wolfe in terms of technical style... He's had incredible matches against a wider variety of opponents. And I don't think Angle should be 9 points lower than Bryan Danielson in tech either.

Kurt can do puroresu style against Nagata, American style against AJ, more of a roughneck/submission style against Joe, or a really technical style against Wolfe. I just think he's being underrated. He still puts on classic technical matches with other technical opponents.

Edited by Master Shakespeare

OK, good news, got the desktop computer back and all seems well with the data, so been working throughout the evening/morning. Couple of notes I wanted to touch on:

First, the announcer discussion. Oddly enough, the night I first read the post regarding Max Bretos, he was hosting ESPNEWS with Jonathan Coachman (yes, "Coach," formerly of WWE). I took some time, went down the list of annoucners that were discussed and made some changes. Here's what I have as of now. The new talent number is in parentheses:

Max Bretos (74)

Todd Grisham (72)

Gene Okerlund (64)

Mike Hogewood (59)

Carlos Cabrera (57)

Hugo Savinovich (52)

Steve Romero (49)

The question "Is Max Bretos that good" is a good one. On one hand, he's on ESPN, so obviously, he must be pretty good. But, at the same time, that's not pro wrestling announcing. So, I could see an argument to drop him below some of the "wrestling announcers," since this is, after all, a WRESTLING sim. I think, for example, Gus Johnson is a GREAT NFL and NCAA basketball announcer... But that doesn't mean he'd be a good wrestling announcer. Honestly, I'm not sure if Max Bretos has ever called an actual match, so maybe we have him in the wrong spot... Maybe production would be a better "wrestling job" for him.

The game describes "Announcers" as "the ones that call the matches." By that description, a Lilian Garcia (just as an example, I realize she's in as a worker) would not be an announcer and production fits her best as a staff description. While I know Howard Finkel did, on occasion a long time ago, call matches, I would classify him more as production, since his big thing was ring announcing. With Finkel being in the game as a production worker, as opposed to an announcer, I have raised his talent to a 91... Maybe that's a bit high (and can certainly be debated) but I'm willing to bet ANYONE that has seen old school WWE and had backyard wrestling matches when they were younger, did their best to imitate "The Fink" while doing their "Ring Announcing."

That's where a possible debate for Gene Okerlund could come up... Yes, he's called matches before. But, at least in my opinion, he's a much better interviewer/TV host (such as Confidential and the WWE 24/7 things he does) than he is as at calling matches. If we left him as an announcer, I think his slotting in the above list is fair, perhaps even a bit generous. Now, if we moved him to production, that talent number would go up. At least, that would be my personal opinion on it. Again, something to debate.

I have started working on the EVOLVE promotion. Based on the info posted, we'll need stats for one worker (Chris Dickinson). The following workers have 3 promotions already, so to put them in EVOLVE, they'd have to be removed from another promotion:

Gran Akuma: (FIP/CHI/DGUSA)

Jigsaw: (FIP/CHI/DGUSA)

Mike Quackenbush: (CHI/NWA-PW/DGUSA)

Silas Young: (ROH/AAW/NWA-PW)

Ophidian: (FIP/CHI/JAPW)

So, I'll need to know which promotion (if any) to remove these guys from, if they are to be in EVOLVE. I'll likely add the workers slated for the March show in as well, just so they are slotted. If they don't appear, for whatever reason, we can remove them for April. Sometimes, that sort of stuff happens. :)

Someone suggested to Take "Colon" out of Primo's name... Robby Mireno has “Primo” as an Alter Ego, so we'll probably leave the last name on there, as is the case with the one named divas... Yet another reason I don't like "one name" workers... Especially names like "Eve," "Maria," and others that could end up having multiple workers... I'm hoping that "Max" and "Jeremy" from TNA get last names soon. :)

Change AJ Styles' Secondary Finisher to 450 Splash - Ground

Wouldn't this be a top rope move? Don't watch much TNA, but does he really do a 450 while standing on the mat?

I think that's all I got for now. I'll also be sure to save things even more after this past week. :)

-Bill

OK, good news, got the desktop computer back and all seems well with the data, so been working throughout the evening/morning. Couple of notes I wanted to touch on:

First, the announcer discussion. Oddly enough, the night I first read the post regarding Max Bretos, he was hosting ESPNEWS with Jonathan Coachman (yes, "Coach," formerly of WWE). I took some time, went down the list of annoucners that were discussed and made some changes. Here's what I have as of now. The new talent number is in parentheses:

Max Bretos (74)

Todd Grisham (72)

Gene Okerlund (64)

Mike Hogewood (59)

Carlos Cabrera (57)

Hugo Savinovich (52)

Steve Romero (49)

The question "Is Max Bretos that good" is a good one. On one hand, he's on ESPN, so obviously, he must be pretty good. But, at the same time, that's not pro wrestling announcing. So, I could see an argument to drop him below some of the "wrestling announcers," since this is, after all, a WRESTLING sim. I think, for example, Gus Johnson is a GREAT NFL and NCAA basketball announcer... But that doesn't mean he'd be a good wrestling announcer. Honestly, I'm not sure if Max Bretos has ever called an actual match, so maybe we have him in the wrong spot... Maybe production would be a better "wrestling job" for him.

The game describes "Announcers" as "the ones that call the matches." By that description, a Lilian Garcia (just as an example, I realize she's in as a worker) would not be an announcer and production fits her best as a staff description. While I know Howard Finkel did, on occasion a long time ago, call matches, I would classify him more as production, since his big thing was ring announcing. With Finkel being in the game as a production worker, as opposed to an announcer, I have raised his talent to a 91... Maybe that's a bit high (and can certainly be debated) but I'm willing to bet ANYONE that has seen old school WWE and had backyard wrestling matches when they were younger, did their best to imitate "The Fink" while doing their "Ring Announcing."

That's where a possible debate for Gene Okerlund could come up... Yes, he's called matches before. But, at least in my opinion, he's a much better interviewer/TV host (such as Confidential and the WWE 24/7 things he does) than he is as at calling matches. If we left him as an announcer, I think his slotting in the above list is fair, perhaps even a bit generous. Now, if we moved him to production, that talent number would go up. At least, that would be my personal opinion on it. Again, something to debate.

I have started working on the EVOLVE promotion. Based on the info posted, we'll need stats for one worker (Chris Dickinson). The following workers have 3 promotions already, so to put them in EVOLVE, they'd have to be removed from another promotion:

Gran Akuma: (FIP/CHI/DGUSA)

Jigsaw: (FIP/CHI/DGUSA)

Mike Quackenbush: (CHI/NWA-PW/DGUSA)

Silas Young: (ROH/AAW/NWA-PW)

Ophidian: (FIP/CHI/JAPW)

So, I'll need to know which promotion (if any) to remove these guys from, if they are to be in EVOLVE. I'll likely add the workers slated for the March show in as well, just so they are slotted. If they don't appear, for whatever reason, we can remove them for April. Sometimes, that sort of stuff happens. smile.gif

Someone suggested to Take "Colon" out of Primo's name... Robby Mireno has "Primo" as an Alter Ego, so we'll probably leave the last name on there, as is the case with the one named divas... Yet another reason I don't like "one name" workers... Especially names like "Eve," "Maria," and others that could end up having multiple workers... I'm hoping that "Max" and "Jeremy" from TNA get last names soon. smile.gif

Wouldn't this be a top rope move? Don't watch much TNA, but does he really do a 450 while standing on the mat?

I think that's all I got for now. I'll also be sure to save things even more after this past week. smile.gif

-Bill

Remove Akuma, Jigsaw and Ophidian from FIP. They have not run a show since November and are still yet to announce anything

Quackenbush is a NWA champion atm i think? But if you where going to remove him from 1 it would be NWA-PW as he works all the shows for EVOLVE, DGUSA and owns Chikara

Young could be removed from ROH as he is only used sparingly as a jobber

Add Rasche Brown to ROH as a lower midcard heel with they monster gimmick. Also Up his brawl to 72. Up his speed to 45. Up his charisma to 52. And up his overness to 23

I cant remember but would i be right in saying Teddy Hart and Jack Evans are still in ROH in this update? If so remove them. Leave Rocky Romero in as he will be working more shows for ROH

I think Davey Richards needs an overness boost, Maybe to 60. He is very over with the crowd in the indys. Plus Kenny Omega should be around 50

Edited by Skins

-Bill

Its a springboard 450 splash so jumps from aperson to the top rope then springs onto the opponent on the floor, could be both ground or top rope

-Bill

Its a springboard 450 splash so jumps from aperson to the top rope then springs onto the opponent on the floor, could be both ground or top rope

In terms of the match review making sense, it should be left at ground. Because if it were "Top Rope" it would say he was climbing to the top rope which he doesn't do.

In WWE Pay-Per-View news, the events have some fresh new themes.

The order of these changes might be a little weird but hey:

Change April's PPV to Extreme Rules

Change May's PPV to WWE Wild Card

Change June's PPV to Fatal Four Way

Change July's PPV to Money In The Bank (I guess this means there will either not be a Wrestlemania MITB or it'll be cashed in before July :P)

Change September's PPV to Night of Champions

Edited by StarshipPain

Up Kota Ibushi's Brawl to 70

Up Kenny Omega's brawl to 60

Up Josh Raymond's Speed to 75

Up Davey Richard's brawl to 78

Up Eddie Edwards brawl to 70

Up El Generico's speed to 87

Up Kevin Steen's charisma to 72

Turn Ricky Reyes heel in ROH. He is a heel in Pro Wrestling Respect

I serously hope you're joking, but alas I know it is true...

Someone over in WWE needs a kick to the head.

Indeed, got Randy Orton's phone number?

Forget Orton try Bryan Danielson i mean Daniel Bryan... smile.gif

Raise Todd Sinclair's talent up to 68 and Paul Turner's up to 70

Add a friendship between Austin Aries and Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson. Aries said he wouldn't be the wrestler he was today without him. Then hit him because of his character

Up Kota Ibushi's overness to 40

Up Ikuto Hidaka's overness to 38

Up Johnny Gargano charisma to 70, Brawl to 49, Tech to 69, Speed to 62 and over to 20

Up Kyle O'Reilly's brawl to 68 and tech to 62

Up Louis Lyndon's speed to 72

Up Flip Kendrick's speed to 78

Up Munenori Sawa brawl to 71, Speed to 71 and tech to 70

Up TJP (TJ Perkin's) Brawl to 59

Up Bobby Fish's brawl to 74, speed to 52 and tech to 69

Up Davey Richard's tech to 81

Edited by Skins

Someone suggested to Take "Colon" out of Primo's name... Robby Mireno has “Primo” as an Alter Ego, so we'll probably leave the last name on there, as is the case with the one named divas... Yet another reason I don't like "one name" workers... Especially names like "Eve," "Maria," and others that could end up having multiple workers... I'm hoping that "Max" and "Jeremy" from TNA get last names soon. smile.gif

On last night's Impact, they revealed the full names to be Max and Jeremy Buck.

• Like 3

Change Claudio Castagnoli's secondary finisher to UFO (Impact) He has been using this as a finish in ROH

Up Kenny King's Brawl to 59 and tech to 70

Rename Ernie Osiris to Mr. Ernesto Osris

Edited by Skins