UFC 2010

9 to 5

I started to get to grips with the sway, but I've noticed more often than not, I'll read the punch almost too quick, so instead of moving out of the way and setting up a great shot of my own, I move too early and end up moving back to my normal position in time to meet the punch full on with my face. The other problem I have is that on the few occasions I manage a successful dodge, the AI will just dodge my counter punch anyway and then cane the shit out of me, because I've found it impossible to dodge more than one strike in a row.

I'm really finding it a lot more annoying than last years, I can't get into career mode at all. Trying to juggle everything at once, with fatigue and stat decay and having to go to camps to learn moves, and having that fucking prat emailing me every day about my stats dropping even though I just finished training and bleh. The fights themselves don't really seem all that different from last years, but it's been a while since I played.

I'm really finding it a lot more annoying than last years, I can't get into career mode at all. Trying to juggle everything at once, with fatigue and stat decay and having to go to camps to learn moves, and having that fucking prat emailing me every day about my stats dropping even though I just finished training and bleh. The fights themselves don't really seem all that different from last years, but it's been a while since I played.

This is exactly how I feel. They underdid it last year and overdid it this year.

Actually, in my first run I made a pretty good HW who ended up with very high striking abilities (all 100 in the standup skills, 95 in ground striking offense) and respectable ground and takedown defense.

The key is to specialize. That, and do use focused sparring only when you have stats in the 80s or 90s where it's actually more effective. You might get 20 points in regular sparring, whichcan bring a 90 to a 95, but with a good focused run you can get 10 bonus points which can get you from 90 to 100.

Also, don't worry about resting to maintain your attributes.

The best way I find to keep conditioning up pre-fight is to do a camp invite with 2 weeks left, then rest. You'll almost always end up with 80 conditioning and 40 stamina which is actually pretty good for a fight.

I find the micromanagement aspect pretty challenging in a good way actually.

EDIT- Though I think it'd be better and more accessible if the break levels were 30, 45, 60, 75, then 90.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Quick question. If i move up weight class while i'm the champion and go on to fight the champion does that count as a Champion VS Champion fight in career mode?

Quick question. If i move up weight class while i'm the champion and go on to fight the champion does that count as a Champion VS Champion fight in career mode?

I think even in the game it says that you can refuse the initial offer to move up, and if you do they'll offer you a Champion vs. Champion match. I took the first offer and I started out at the bottom of the Heavyweight ranking system.

Yeah, something needs to be done about that. But beating you in less than 30 seconds was great. Then again in a pretty good back and forth fight. Getting tapped after doing the "come here and fight me" taunt was not fun. And then after another back and forth fight, this time I get knocked out. 2-2 thus far.

never taunt it normally comes back to haunt you :P I've learnt that the hard way before. Also my gamertag is Marriott UK for the Xbox Live Camp.

Defending my Welterweight title against Paulo Thiago, Matt Serra, Dustin Hazelett, Thiago Alves and 5 round war with Jon Fitch before fighting Anderson Silva for the Middleweight title and beating him. Now fighting Dan Miller in my 1st title defence

Edit 1:Damn lost to Dan Miller by submission in the 1st round :( Oh well should make my career mode more interesting gets a bit stale after winning a bunch in a row got a challenge now in getting the belt back for a 2nd time seen as though i've met every condition for the Hall of Fame

Edit 2:Beat Drew McFedries and Wanderlei Silva by KO's in the 1st round, lost to Demian Maia in the 1st round by Submission :( Fighting Yushin Okami next now

Edit 3:Beat Okami by KO 1st round, lost to Nate Marquardt by submission 1st round. I've gotten to the point where im bored of career it's dragging on and i'm just tryin to ko in the 1st round and spamming transititions on the ground. I just wanna retire now i'm in the hall of fame

Edited by davidmarrio