UFC 2010

9 to 5

wooo found a good routine. Learned the suplex from double under hooks and get about 30-40 pts ago which while isn't like 100pts still very useful in getting each thing up by about 2-3pts stopping decay.

You mean the routine that we've already been discussing in this topic? And you do get 100+ from this routine.

• Like 1

I forgot to ask in my last post, but has anyone figured out how to unlock one of the fight camps as a sponsor?

For no other reason than it'd make sense for my CAF to be with ATT...

yeh that routine i tried it out but i'm not getting 100+ points from it. Basically just keep suplexing them, standing up wait for them to get it and just repeating

Now 4-1 got my 1st submission basically drained him of his stamina throughout the fight, 3rd round rocked him with a suplex then just armbarred him

Your more than likely right. My training partner modifier is X1.00 cause i've only just started my career and did 8 suplexes and got 34pts. Atleast it gradually builds my stats towards 30 thats all that matters :)

Kaney, I have the first four volumes of Ultimate Knockouts (some idiot wanted to trade it in, and we don't take DVDs so I traded it in as a PS2 memory card or someting and got bought itfor a pound). The highlights themselves are pretty good, but some of the hosting, i.e. Mike Goldberg and Chuck Lidell on volume 2, is awful. So wooden and forced, it's unintentionally hilarious.

toughest fight i've had against Murilo De Souza. 1st round i won but it was close, 2nd he probably edged it cause he rocked me and nearly knocked me out managed to survive, 3rd cause i thought i can't lose just took him down and grinded him for about 4 minutes just repeating takedown and beat him up a bit. He went for a jab, swayed and with about 30 seconds left right hook and knocks him clean out. 5-1 (4 KO's, 1 Sub)

Any good advice on what to do the last four weeks of training to get a good conditioning/fatigue ratio going into the fight?

I'm also wondering the same thing. I went 3 F'n years with my conditioning at 0 . my fatigue was 0 too but nothing i tried raised my conditioning. Still ran through the welterweight division without any conditioning won the title and defended it several times before getting the chance to move to middleweight. I made the jump but I should have stayed because my time as a middleweight wasn't nearly as good as my welterweight run.Got a shot at the middleweight belt but got slaughtered in the first round.

Didn't get another shot and in my retirement fight lost via submission.

What do you guys do after a fight. For me I rest then train then usually I have to rest again. then I spar and I repeat the pattern. I rarely get a chance to attend camps. what do you guys do ?

Also what exactly does gameplan do ?

they really upped the difficulty of the ground game this year. I can defend the submissions as long as I have good stamina but actually submitting the cpu is hard as hell. I've done it once testing out in exhibition mode I turned the stamina bar on so I could see(I hate playing with any hud elements on but wanted to see if stamina was my main problems) through out the fight I punish the opponent working on the body and the legs. 2nd round comes and we are both drained slap on a submission and he taps.

try it again this time I make sure he is gassed and my stamina is full. go to submit him he reverses and submits me quickly. With each attempt I made sure the shine perfectly. So I suspect something else is involved when it comes to submission. I know stats , stamina and the ability to shine perfectly plays a part is there something I'm missing.

I've encountered a weird glitch 3 times now. it always happen 45 seconds left in the first round you clinch your opponent and both fighters freeze in place and then slowly they start sliding away with their hands still around each other's head. After the round ends it's back to normal.

Speaking of weird glitches, this one was funny rather than game-breaking mind. I'm Nog against Kimbo, Kimbo had taken me down (no iea how <_<), and stood up. Instead of me standing up when I clicked the left stick, I kind of jumped a few feet in the air, still prone, kind of like a slapstick reaction to being zapped with the defibrilator. Bizarre.

Finally got my first title fight. Sean Sherk was relentless. He just kept coming for me, but I think I edged him out in the first round. In the second he went into the clinch and I tried to use that opportunity to reverse it and knee him into submission, be he kept changing and eventually managed to slam me. Third was much of the same, but this time he managed to put me against the cage and I could not do anything but avoid being taken down, which I did until the end then I managed to catch a takedown attempt and got a back mount and tried to score a rear naked choke in the last 15 seconds. Fourth I got the hang out countering his clinch attempts, but he still managed to take me down, I got back to my feet though and just boxed him for the rest of the round, cutting him in the process. Fifth round now, and I needed a knockout because I have the feeling that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th would have went to him. He went for a clinch but I countered and pushed him away then immediately scored with the left head kick for the knockout 54 seconds into the round. All in all, my hardest fight in the game so far.

EDIT: Also, is anyone else using the hilarious English accent? I love it.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I decided to start another career while I wait for the online issues to get sorted out. Lightweight Kenny 'The King' Cruz is on his way to domination.

EDIT: Good start. Won my first first by TKO in the 1st, and good god now I remember how slow you start. :bang:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

yeah starting off is really slow. I'm not sure what division I want to do in career next. I have to say though career is addicting(at least to me)

What are your fighters(that have completed career) overall rating both of mine are around 30 overall

Given the amount of things you can make have polka dots, someone should really make Dusty Rhodes as a heavyweight in our fight camp. I've relinquished Vladimir Kozlov back to LL, and am starting with a Light Heavyweight named Isiah "Iron Head" Hansen. He's Amish.

yeah starting off is really slow. I'm not sure what division I want to do in career next. I have to say though career is addicting(at least to me)

What are your fighters(that have completed career) overall rating both of mine are around 30 overall

My fighter from my Middleweight-turned-Light Heavyweight ended up at 77 OVR I believe.

After beating Krzysztof Soszynski in my last post to go 1-1, I promptly get KO'd by Stephan Bonnar and Steve Cantwell in two straight fights (1-3) I have my rematch with Bonnar and brutally knock him out. Rocking him and then going to town on his face with some nasty left and right hooks (2-3).

Got a choice of revenge for my next fight, Cantwell or Bader, Picked Cantwell.

As far as training goes, I just pepper the guy with kicks for the entire round, It's good for 24-42 points a round, Or like 12 bonus points if you do it correctly. But with the new sparring partner I got, He seems wise to my ploy and I may need to learn that suplex.

I like that through the career your opponents keep up on how you fight . if you get a string of wins by KO via standing strikes. your opponents will start blocking more. you start ground and pounding too much they will try heir best to keep it standing.

I try to approach each fight differently but usually I end up getting a tko via ground and pound

I hate Shogun. I went into my first title fight against him with really low stats but undefeated, he made me tap out in about 2:30. So I blaze through everyone else again and boost my submission defense from 30 to 70 between my first fight with Shogun and my second. The second fight he made me tap out in less then a minute with my stamina full. Fuck him.

Any advice other then smooth circles rather then quick, not smooth circles?

For the life of me I can't remember what camp it was, but I learned both right and left Muay Thai leg kicks. Get those up to world class as fast as possible and leg kick the shit out of him. He'll come out epically slow in the third round and that's when he's open for a big bomb that will K.O. him. Worked for him. Just be sure to hold down LB and LT for a while and be sure to get your shine on.

I got submission of the night after making Bader tap with the Peruvian Necktie(I got most of AZ Combat Sports moves to Lvl. 3). Had my fourth match with Shogun, got him in the Muay Thai clinch and kneed the living shit out of him for the win. Grudge match with Rampage for the title up next.

EDIT: Ground and pounded Rampage for my second UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Set to defend title against Luis Cane.

Edited by syck