The "I've just completed this game" thread

To start it off, after a very leisurely and enjoyable romp through Assassin's Creed 2 I completed it last night. Just got to complete the races, a couple of side mission assassinations, feathers and some treasure. Definitely gonna buy the expansion too.

Glorious game. Weird ending but that's okay. Also, nice use of the credits too.

It's quite rare for me to actually play a game all the way through. Of all the games I have for PS3 I've only actually completed a handful - Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Mirror's Edge, COD MW 1 and 2, MGS4, Uncharted 1 and 2.

Which means I have the following "Completable" games (i.e not sport, music, singing, quiz, racing etc) to finish off:

Bioshock, Tomb Radier Underworld, Killzone 2, Endwar (ugh I won't bother), Bladestorm (one day...), GTA4, Farcry 2, LBP, Wet (waiting for an English copy)...

And also Fallout 3 and Oblivion which I poured crazy hours into before the PS3 harddrive formatted and lost it all. Ugh.

There are very few games I've 100%'d. In fact, if memory serves, very, very few of them were before I got my PS3.

Burnout Paradise is one the main ones, and even then I need to do the Island & other expansion stuff, which I haven't nor will get. And I had to 'cheat' to get the last trophy (stupid 'you need a camera to get platinum') and get my friend to to do it for me. Pretty sure I did Burnout 3 on PS2 too.

I've done Mirror's Edge for a platinum too, but still got 2 more trophies to get which came with the Pure TTs expansion.

Oh and I managed to do 100% on GTA: San Andreas. Would've done Vice City too, but I could never do the 40+ shots on the firing rage so was stuck with an eternal 99% complete rating :angry:.

There are plenty of games though that I've completed, as in done the main storyline, but never bothered getting all of the tokens etc. Hell, it wasn't until Easter 2008 that I was able to beat the last Zone on Sonic 2, where you fight Robo-Sonic and massive Robot Robotnik with 0 rings, let alone the collecting the Emeralds along the way.

I finished Mass Effect 2 Sunday night. Phenomenal game. I have Assassin's Creed II but really have no desire to play it. I imagine I'll trade it in. Other than Mass Effect I think the last game I fully beat was Uncharted 2 as I never finished the single player mode in Modern Warfare 2. I've got a few games that I can finish like New Super Mario Bros., House of the Dead Overkill, Sam and Max Through Time and Space, and Trauma Center New Blood laying around. Though I'm not tremendously motivated to finish any of them.

In the past few weeks I've finished off a few games I had been working on:

1. Dragon Age, my first playthrough

2. Modern Warfare 2, Vet mode

3. Assassin's Creed 2

4. Prince of Persia

5. Borderlands, got to level 50.

Now I am working on Just Cause, which I got yesterday, and my second playthrough of Dragon Age.

I finished InFamous the other day. This pleased me, as I now never need to have to look at it again.

If that seems harsh, I cannot begin to tell you how mind fuckingly stupid the story got after the third island. Prior to that, it was "Moya, Moya, Moya". And then it's revealed that she's been lying and... well... nothing. No denouement, no explanation as to what the fuck was going on, no insight into who John was, what he was doing, and why Moya was trying to get Cole to find him. And then... it turns out, Kessler was you all along! Brilliant, in a "not really brilliant at all kind of way".

The gameplay on this was good (if a little repetitive at times) and they have the makings of a good franchise there but I desperately hope that they tighten up their plotting issues before they try.

My most recent completions have been Mass Effect for the 2nd and 3rd time (got one last one to do) and The Saboteur. Right now i've (finally) started Bioshock and am about a quarter or third or so through it.

My most recently beaten games would be Dragon Age and Uncharted 2. Though I've not 100% any game apart from Legends of WrestleMania. :( I think I might get around to completing Dragon Age, but other than that I doubt I'll get any other games totally done, apart from FFXIII which I fully expect to consume my social life. >_>

edit: I also recently went through and beat the entire Super Star Wars collection for the SNES. cool.gif

As far as recent games go, I completed Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Vet difficulty back in early December I think it was(now I just gotta finish spec ops which I am almost done with). Also I beat Ultimate Alliance 2(which was a big disappointment for me) back when it first came out on legendary and have no interest in going back to get the remaining trophies. As for all of the games that I've completed on the PS3, here's the rest: The Darkness, Turok, Blacksite Area 51, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ultimate Alliance, Star Wars the Force Unleashed(prior to the trophy update which has made me go back and replay it), F.E.A.R, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X, Tom Clancy's End War, inFamous, and Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway. Currently working on Little Big Planet and soon to be working on either Aliens VS Predator or Dante's Inferno.

Edited by Nimrodic

I completed Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time a few weeks ago, and also Uncharted 2 and Borderlands. The first one was to 100% standards, whilst the last two basically consisted of doing as many of the side missions as I could be arsed, and then finishing off the main story.

Hell, it wasn't until Easter 2008 that I was able to beat the last Zone on Sonic 2

What.

Coincidentally, I completed Sonic 2 last night...for the 11,487th time.

I was about 7/8 when I had it, and then got a PS1. Didn't touch the Mega Drive until some 10+ years later until the sheer boredom of having 3 weeks off uni for Easter kicked in. I don't really do ROMS/web games on the PC at all if I'm honest.

Actually, if it makes you feel better, it was actually more likely Easter 2007, not 2008. Shaving off a year :)

I just 100% completed Assassin's Creed 1 two weeks ago, should've given that game a chance two years ago, it was fun.

Just finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect 1, still have some achievements I'd like to get, but no way I'll ever 100% it. Been playing AC2 while working on Mass Effect, which is rare for me to play two games at once.

I really need to get back on the PS3. Uncharted is begging to be played.

Completed Grim Fandango the other week for the first time. Loved it, and can see why it's loved by adventure game fans, definitely going to play through it again.

Broken Sword I and II. Love this whole series alot, probably my favourite adventure game series. Prefer the first one over the second, however I love them both, same applies for III and IV. Just waiting for the English voiceovers (hopefully this month like I have read) so I can play Broken Sword 2.5.

Man, I really wish I could find Broken Sword I. :( I've played the second one and the third one just never completed them because of the whole 'missing game' in the first one. Tried Grim Fandango a long time ago at a friends house, loved it but never got it myself. In conclusion, I like adventure games I just never have any. :shifty: