The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

And the Redskins are an awful team with a moron making decisions. It makes neither team better, which as a Cowboys fan, delights me.

• Like 2

People can continue to talk shit about Oakland like they know what they're talking about. I find it especially ironic that its a Cleveland fan doing it. That entire city is a black hole.

Oakland is a QB away from being competitive. Al Davis hasn't really proven himself incompetent, outside of coaching choices. You can continue to mock the draft choices, but hindsight is 20/20, and the only obviously bad one was Heyward-Bey.

People can continue to talk shit about Oakland like they know what they're talking about. I find it especially ironic that its a Cleveland fan doing it. That entire city is a black hole.

Oakland is a QB away from being competitive. Al Davis hasn't really proven himself incompetent, outside of coaching choices. You can continue to mock the draft choices, but hindsight is 20/20, and the only obviously bad one was Heyward-Bey.

Mike Mitchell in round 2 when nobody thought he'd be drafted? That was even worse than Heyward-Bey

And I can't wait to see them take Taylor Mays this year because he runs a fast 40 time.

I was unaware that anyone though Mitchell would go undrafted. I'm aware he was a reach, but most people I'm aware of had him as a fourth rounder.

Don't let that get in the way of your witty remarks, I know its all Cleveland has. Well, that and a river that catches fire.

Well, their entire economy is based on Lebron James...

but atleast their not Detroit

I don't get sending him to Washington? in division makes no sense. I think Washington will pass on Clausen for sure but I still see them taking a qb as McNabb isn't exactly young. McCoy or someone else will be the new Kevin Kolb sitting behind McNabb. Kolb should do decent this year as long as they don't pull that Mike Vick shit again.

The Raiders will be ok if they don't ever use Jamarcus again and just stick to Gradkowski or ANYONE else. I don't blame McNabb for not wanting to go there tho.

I think it's going to be funny seeing the Eagles fans turn on Kolb when he inevitably has a bad game or gets injured and they're left with Vick running the QB spot for more than a few plays per game. McNabb should have wanted to go play in Oakland. They at least have a shot at making the playoffs. The 'Skins are still the 4th best team in their own division.

Looking at the non-divisional opponents for the Redskins...

Home  	                Away

Green Bay Packers 	Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings 	Detroit Lions

Houston Texans 	        Jacksonville Jaguars

Indianapolis Colts 	Tennessee Titans

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 	St. Louis Rams

They pretty much have all their hard games at home and all their easy games on the road.

The move is dumb on the part of the Redskins. If I read right, McNabb is in the last year of his contract, and I don't see him signing a long term deal with Washington. He wants to play for a contender, not a division cellar dweller. Even with McNabb, they're still the worst team in the NFC East.

The move is dumb on the part of the Redskins. If I read right, McNabb is in the last year of his contract, and I don't see him signing a long term deal with Washington. He wants to play for a contender, not a division cellar dweller. Even with McNabb, they're still the worst team in the NFC East.

I don't know about that. How many contenders are there that need a QB, the only ones I can think of is San Francisco, Minnesota or Arizona and if I were either of the two of them in a years time, I wouldn't be putting too much faith/money into a 35 year old QB who has a history of choking when it comes to the biggest stage. If Favre goes after next season with or without a Super Bowl, then the Vikings need to go young this time. This is all assuming Washington don't tag McNabb, which is a big possibility.

When the Oakland Raiders showed a willingness to trade for the Donovan McNabb without an extension, McNabb indicated to the Eagles through his associates that he’d retire.

“He has plenty of money,” the source close to McNabb said. “He’s not doing anything he doesn’t want to do.”

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16527/20100405/mcnabb_told_eagles_hed_retire_before_going_to_raiders/#ixzz0kG4EQOj5

As an Eagles fan, I HATE, HATE, HATE the fact that they traded him IN DIVISION, even if it was to the Redskins. On top of that, they traded Shelden Brown away for crap pretty much. I don't like a lot of the moves the Eagles are making right now. Unless they have some sort of plan to package all of these picks for something worthwhile, but I'd like to see them have some sort of plan here.....

As for Kolb, I watched him in the Tampa game this year, he was alright, but nothing to get overly excited about. I have a feeling Vick will be our starter by October.

• Like 1

When the Oakland Raiders showed a willingness to trade for the Donovan McNabb without an extension, McNabb indicated to the Eagles through his associates that he’d retire.

“He has plenty of money,” the source close to McNabb said. “He’s not doing anything he doesn’t want to do.”

Read more: http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16527/20100405/mcnabb_told_eagles_hed_retire_before_going_to_raiders/#ixzz0kG4EQOj5

Is this supposed to mean something, or do you just get off on talking shit about Oakland?

He didn't want to go to Oakland. Big fucking deal. I think he's stupid for making that decision, because Oakland is far closer to being competitive than any other team mentioned in the running for him, outside of Minnesota. That includes Washington.

I guess its that Cleveland inferiority complex. If all I had to pride myself on was a poor imitation of the Black Hole (Dawg Pound, lol. Only drunk Philly fans have less class), I'd have to make myself feel better too.

I would have been happy with McNabb. I like the guy, think he deserves better than he got in Philly, and think he could have put Oakland over the top. In the end, however, its probably better that he didn't want to come to Oakland, because its a young team, and I'd rather have a good young QB. Then again, wouldn't we all.

Hell, I'd REALLY like Jason Campbell.

Oh, and I was unaware that San Francisco was considered a contender. They have many of the same problems Oakland does (no proven QB or WR, decent running game and defense), and similar advantages (weak division). San Diego is probably better than Arizona, though. Still don't consider them a contender, though.

Didn't Kolb have like three straight 300+ yard games or something like that this last year? Not saying you're better off with Kolb than with McNabb, but I think you're much better off with Kolb than Vick.

Oh I have no doubt, but I have a feeling that Vick will be inserted as the starter by October. I would just like to know what they are thinking with the deals they are making.

EDIT: DMN, I love Jason Campbell. I wish he would get a real shot somewhere, and in Oakland I think he can be what JaMarcus was SUPPOSED to be.

Edited by Ron

Oh, and I was unaware that San Francisco was considered a contender. They have many of the same problems Oakland does (no proven QB or WR, decent running game and defense), and similar advantages (weak division). San Diego is probably better than Arizona, though. Still don't consider them a contender, though.

Considering they finished 8-8 last year with the combination of Shaun Hill and Alex Smith under center and with Crabrtree missing a big chunk of the year they have to be somewhat decent. Couple that with how weakened the Cardinals will be this year losing Rolle, Dansby, Boldin and Warner and well the Rams and Seahwaks are, the Rams and Seahawks. With McNabb they would've been definite contenders and favourites for the NFC West, moreso than the Raiders would've been in the corresponding AFC division in my eyes.

I like the Raiders though and hope they acquire Campbel and do well. No doubt he'd be better than Russell and be more value than the fastest guy available that they'd probably draft with that pick.

Edited by The Cool One