The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

The 49ers could definitely use Spiller, have a little dash to go with the more smash style of Gore and Coffee. They need to do whatever they can to keep the tread on Gore's tires and scouts are worried about Spiller handling a full-time pounding.

And don't feel too bad about omitting Graham there, Chase...I brain-farted Bulaga on mine.

And for once, I'll agree with Mysterio, Saffold would be a better pick for the Colts than Nate Allen. Polian raised 12 kinds of hell about the offensive line after the Super Bowl, and Saffold could slide around to where they need him.

Adam Schefter reported on Sportscenter this morning that the Steelers that the Steelers are trying to trade him for a top ten pick. While I don't think they'll get a pick that high for him I am still expecting him to be moved.

Edit: Mortensen is reporting that Tebow is not attending the draft despite having accepted an invitation. He's flying back home to Jacksonville. Now does that mean he knows the Jaguars will draft him or does he realize rat his stock is slipping and he doesn't want to sit there like Brady Quinn did?

No Sahyder, NO!

You just hate the Steelers and you are making things up! You don't know anything about Ben!

LEAVE BEN ALOOOOOOOOONE!

And with Tebow it's almost surely the latter, there's no guarantee he'll even go in the first round.

Clausen decided to stay in California with his family. That came out not long after the Skins got McNabb. I can't tell if he really wants to spend the day with his family or if he just doesn't want to feel like a doofus sitting there for several hours. I'm a Notre Dame fanboy, so I'll assume he's a good family guy and just wants to share the moment with his momma and poppa. smug.gif

Here's a mock I did earlier:

Round One:

1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma

4. Washington Redskins: Russel Okung, OT Oklahoma State

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry, S Tennessee

6. Seattle Seahawks: Joe Haden, CB Florida

7. Cleveland Brown: Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame

8. Oakland Raiders: Bruce Campbell, OT Maryland

9. Buffalo Bills: Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma

10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Earl Thomas, S Texas

11. Denver Broncos: Rolando McClain, ILB Alabama

12. Miami Dolphins: Jerry Hughes, OLB TCU

13. San Francisco 49ers: Bryan Bulaga, OT Iowa

14. Seattle Seahawks: Charles Brown, OT USC

15. New York Giants: Sean Weatherspoon, LB Missouri

16. Tennessee Titans: Jason Pierre-Paul, DE USF

17. San Francisco 49ers: Kyle Wilson, CB Boise State

18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois

19. Atlanta Falcons: Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech

20. Houston Texans: Devin McCourtney, CB Rutgers

21. Cincinnati Bengals: CJ Spiller, RB Clemson

22. New England Patriots: Jared Odrick, DT/DE Penn State

23. Green Bay Packers: Rodger Saffold, OT Indiana

24. Philadelphia Eagles: Kareem Jackson, CB Alabama

25. Baltimore Ravens: Tyson Alualu, DT/DE Cal

26. Arizona Cardinals: Dan Williams, NT Tennessee

27. Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers

28. San Diego Chargers: Ryan Matthews, Fresno State

29. New York Jets: Brandon Graham, DE/OLB Michigan

30. Minnesota Vikings: Maurkice Pouncey, OG/C Florida

31. Indianapolis Colts: Mike Iupati, OG Idaho

32. New Orleans Saints: Brian Price, DT UCLA

EDIT - Took out the descriptions cuz it was just too long on here.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

This class is filled with quality corners, but Patrick Robinson isn't one of them. Speed doesn't make a corner good, btw.. and that's all Robinson has going for him, speed. Can't cover worth a lick. And regardless, Arizona will not be taking a corner in the first few rounds unless the value is off the charts (IE: Joe Haden in the 1st, or Kareem Jackson/Devin McCourty in the 2nd), guaranteed.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was talking to an NFL GM. :rolleyes:

The Steelers aren't taking a WR in Round One.

Especially not with Pouncey and Iupati still on the board.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was talking to an NFL GM. :pervert:

It's doubtful, but I don't think it's inconcievable that the Steelers draft a Wide Reciever considering hey just traded their no.1 guy, plus everyone's entitled to their opinion.

If the Steelers trade Big Ben and get a top ten pick, I bet Clausen will be on the next plane to New York.

Edited by The Cool One

Roethlisberger suspended six games, must undergo evaluation

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Wednesday that he 1) must undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation by medical professionals and 2) will be suspended without pay for the first six games of the regular season for conduct detrimental to the NFL in violation of the league’s Personal Conduct Policy.

After consultation with Commissioner Goodell, Steelers President Art Rooney and the commissioner informed Roethlisberger by telephone today of the two-step approach that is designed to hold Roethlisberger accountable for his conduct and provide him an opportunity to change his behavior and establish himself as a responsible individual.

In a letter to Roethlisberger, Commissioner Goodell said that Roethlisberger must adhere to any counseling or treatment that is recommended by the professional evaluators to help him make better decisions and avoid situations that can cause legal or other problems. A professional behavioral evaluation is mandatory for anyone that has violated the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. Roethlisberger may not attend any team off-season activity after today until he has completed the evaluation and the evaluating professionals confirm with the commissioner that Roethlisberger may resume football activities. If so cleared, Roethlisberger will be able to participate in training camp and preseason games this summer.

The commissioner said he would review Roethlisberger’s progress under the plan prior to the start of the regular season and consider whether to reduce the suspension to four games. Failure to cooperate and follow the plan could result in a longer suspension, the commissioner added.

“The Personal Conduct Policy makes clear that I may impose discipline ‘even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime’ as, for example, where the conduct ‘imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person’,” Commissioner Goodell stated in his letter to Roethlisberger. “As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated. There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that ‘undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.’ By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard.”

Commissioner Goodell said his review of the matter included the extensive volume of material released by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Milledgeville Police Department; public comments by and a private conversation with Georgia District Attorney Fred Bright; comments and recommendations of Roethlisberger’s representatives; a personal interview with Roethlisberger on April 13; dialogue with current players, former players, the NFL Players Association, and others; and information learned by the NFL office in the course of examining the Milledgeville matter.

Other excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter:

“I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you. My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans.”

“Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare.”

“I believe it is essential that you take full advantage of the resources available to you. My ultimate disposition in this matter will be influenced by the extent to which you do so, what you learn as a result, and a demonstrated commitment to making positive change in your life.”

“In your six years in the NFL, you have first thrilled and now disappointed a great many people. I urge you to take full advantage of this opportunity to get your life and career back on track.”

In addition to the discipline imposed on Roethlisberger, league policy requires that NFL teams remit to the league a portion of a suspended player’s salary starting with the second suspension in a year for violations of the personal conduct or drug policies. The second such suspension in a year results in the club being assessed 25 percent of the suspended player’s forfeited salary to a maximum of $200,000. Prior to the Steelers trading him to the New York Jets, wide receiver Santonio Holmes was suspended for four games for violating the substance abuse program.

Hopefully he learns his lesson now and that endes the arguments here because Goodell clearly had more facts than we had and is in his position for a reason. Anything further in favour of Roethlisberger will be pure bias.

Edited by The Cool One

I'm pretty sure he'll only end up sitting for 4 games, but I think that's a fair punishment given the wording of the policy and previous suspensions. If Ben is stupid enough to get himself in any further trouble he'll deserve the year off he'll get that time.

I'm pretty sure he'll only end up sitting for 4 games, but I think that's a fair punishment given the wording of the policy and previous suspensions. If Ben is stupid enough to get himself in any further trouble he'll deserve the year off he'll get that time.

I agree on the 4 games and that's what I said all along. If ANYONE is stupid enough to do anything remotely idiotic no matter how minor they may think it is while they are under suspension they deserve no sympathy. It is a fair suspension.

With that being said, where do you guys see Big Ben being traded to? I certainly don't want him on the 49ers but they are one of the teams that the Steelers have spoken to. According to Adam Schefter they have also spoken with the Raiders, Seahawks, Browns and Jaguars. Steelers reached out to the Bills and Rams too but both of those teams shot the Steelers down.

Mysterio, I'll be SHOCKED if Davis fell anywhere close to 27th. He'll be long gone by then despite his reported attitude problems. The man is a beast.

I'd like to see Ben in Oakland. Considering Oakland's QB situation, swapping 1st Round picks with the Steelers as well as recieving Roethlisberge would seem like a fair deal. Raiders get a franchise QB and Pitssburgh remove their baggage and be in a position to take Clausen should they choose.

If the Raiders and Gradkowski could then hold their shit together for 6 games they'd be play-off contenders, no doubt. This deal would then allow them to attach JaMarcus Russell to a floating device and just push him as far away from Oakland as possible, forgetting the 3 seasons he stunk the place up.

If the Steelers do trade Roethlisberger, I hope its to another AFC team.

No way do I see the Steelers sending Big Ben to Cleveland. I don't think the Steelers are dumb enough to trade their franchise quarterback within the division (yes, lulz eaglez).

I don't see why. There's a huge difference between the Eagles sending McNabb to Washington and the Steelers sending Roethlisberger to Cleveland if it happens.

The Redskins are only a few players away from being a decent team, despite their owner being a moron when it comes to football, and McNabb makes them more dangerous on offense because Campbell was not very good at all. Cleveland is NOT going to be a threat to anyone in their division just by adding Roethlisberger to their roster. The Browns are a long ways off from even being decent, and unless they have one hell of a draft, they'd still finish with a losing record even if they acquired him and he wasn't suspended.

Yeah, but Big Ben is only 28. If anything, I would call that trade more moronic. Because McNabb may be able to pass on the Eagles for another year or two, but Big Ben (barring the need to caress any more women) could be bombing on the Steelers for the next decade. But if they're being offered what naiwf said, it would be pretty damn hard to say "No" to.

Thing is, this year's QB Draft class, well, blows. Clausen and Bradford are considered the best and there's too many doubts if they can work in a NFL style. Accepting the #7 overall pick this year to draft a guy like Clausen or Bradford to be your franchise QB instead of Big Ben would be stupid.

I'm not a big fan of the idea of the 49ers going after him, if only because I've never really liked him to begin with. I'd also much rather we use our 1st round picks on more pressing needs like DB and OL (and to a slightly lesser extent, 3-4 OLB) than use them to either draft or trade for a QB.

Mike Francesca says that Cleveland has offered a blockbuster package that the Steelers are considering. If I had to guess it's the #7 overall, a 2nd rounder this year and/or a 1st next year at a minimum.

I haven't heard anything at all about this, but I'd love it as a Browns fan...anything to get a real QB here for once, even if hes a steeler scumbag.

This class is filled with quality corners, but Patrick Robinson isn't one of them. Speed doesn't make a corner good, btw.. and that's all Robinson has going for him, speed. Can't cover worth a lick. And regardless, Arizona will not be taking a corner in the first few rounds unless the value is off the charts (IE: Joe Haden in the 1st, or Kareem Jackson/Devin McCourty in the 2nd), guaranteed.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was talking to an NFL GM. :rolleyes:

Seriously? He gives his opinion on the mock draft that you asked for thoughts on and you bitch about him not being an NFL GM? :lmao: