The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

Until the playoffs. Than he'll choke at the worst possible time.

Not to drag it up, but that's always been the big difference for me. Manning is a hall of fame regular season QB. No denying his numbers and even his comebacks in the regular season. He's just not a playoff guy. He had that one great drive against the Patriots and beat the imploding Ravens/Bears to get his ring and hey, more power to him. But in the end I will remember him more for his bad interceptions at crucial times when he could have lead his team to victory but didn't.

Brady is pretty much the opposite of that is that he's almost never bad in the playoffs (Although he was awful last year).

And Ben Roethlisberger is the Anti-Manning because he's mediocre all season than transforms into a monster in the playoffs :shifty:

Also, also, the Rams or whoever wins the NFC West deserves their spot. As was said, more often than not a division winner won't be 8-8 (And has never been below .500) and even if they are awful they can beat anyone any week. This season more than most shows that upsets can happen with the parity in the league right now.

Until the playoffs. Than he'll choke at the worst possible time.

Not to drag it up, but that's always been the big difference for me. Manning is a hall of fame regular season QB. No denying his numbers and even his comebacks in the regular season. He's just not a playoff guy. He had that one great drive against the Patriots and beat the imploding Ravens/Bears to get his ring and hey, more power to him. But in the end I will remember him more for his bad interceptions at crucial times when he could have lead his team to victory but didn't.

Brady is pretty much the opposite of that is that he's almost never bad in the playoffs (Although he was awful last year).

And Ben Roethlisberger is the Anti-Manning because he's mediocre all season than transforms into a monster in the playoffs :shifty:

Also, also, the Rams or whoever wins the NFC West deserves their spot. As was said, more often than not a division winner won't be 8-8 (And has never been below .500) and even if they are awful they can beat anyone any week. This season more than most shows that upsets can happen with the parity in the league right now.

Brady had a very good defense when he was winning those rings. It is a lot easier to manage a game when you have a very good defense. Manning has played with below average defenses for most of his career and had to carry the team and with that comes the interceptions as you try to do too much. Manning has never had the luxury of being conservative and being able to trust the defense to make a big stop.

It is one of those issues where people will never change their minds. All things being equal (team, playing conditions, opponent) I'll take Manning.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5906897

Brandon Spikes suspended for 4 games for PED violation

The Colts are stupid for taking Manning here. Leaf has better tools and is an all around better leader than Peyton. Stupid, stupid, stupid. In fifteen years, the Colts are going to look back at this draft and shake their heads, and the Chargers will have three championship rings under their belt. /melkiperjr.

• Like 1

The NFL is scrambling to find a stadium for Giants/Vikings. Game was already moved from 1 PM today to 8 PM tomorrow because of snow. Now they have to move to a different stadium because doom in Minny deflated because of snow. There is an open air college stadium nearby but the speculation is that they probably can't play there because the Giants most likely wouldn't have their cold gear packed for a dome game. Do they go to Detroit or Indy to play? Does the weather clear up enough so someone can fly out their gear?

I wouldn't be shocked to see the game played in New York either since there is precedent for it and obviously the best bet for the NFL to make money.

Edited by sahyder1

The NFL is scrambling to find a stadium for Giants/Vikings. Game was already moved from 1 PM today to 8 PM tomorrow because of snow. Now they have to move to a different stadium because doom in Minny deflated because of snow. There is an open air college stadium nearby but the speculation is that they probably can't play there because the Giants most likely wouldn't have their cold gear packed for a dome game. Do they go to Detroit or Indy to play? Does the weather clear up enough so someone can fly out their gear?

I wouldn't be shocked to see the game played in New York either since there is precedent for it and obviously the best bet for the NFL to make money.

It's a multi billion dollar industry, I'm sure they can overnight their cold gear.

It's a multi billion dollar industry, I'm sure they can overnight their cold gear.

Not if the planes can't land! I should mention that I have not looked at weather forecasts but I'm sure all flight going in are on a major backup. Detroit seems like the likely venue since Fox has their TV equipment there already.

2 feet of snow pretty much killed any slim chance the Giants had of beating the Eagles next week <_< Now they absolutely MUST beat Minnesota in Detroit and then Green Bay at Lambeau to make the playoffs. The ironic thing is if Minnesota didn't play in a dome the stupid game would be played today and both teams wouldn't have to go through all of these changes.

Yeah, that's the standard procedure for games that are moved. Good, Detroit deserves something nice.

Just saw security camera footage of the Metrodome's roof collapsing, it was awesome.

Yeah, they showed it during the diabolical Redskin/Bucs game. Best thing about the game so far, looked dangerous though.

I was really looking forward to watching the Giants game tonight, now it looks like it won't even be televised over here. :(