UFC News and Discussion Thread

I totally forgot the part where other sports have a pre-show whilst you can see the actual event going on over their shoulders. This isn't a reserves league, it features guys who have previously been on PPV. It's also infinitely more exciting than Stephen Bonnar talking bollocks. I can't see the ratings being higher for the pre-show wankfest than it would be if it featured actual fighting.

This isn't PPV where they were hyping a match people are already pumped about and to talk people on the fence into buying it, at most the main event is a no. 1 contenders fight between two guys the UFC haven't bothered to hype enough.

Guest mr. potato head

So these people who put down money for tickets for a show headlined by two wrestlers are surprised there's a lot of wrestling in their fight?

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah ridiculously late stoppage (anyone remember when Dana called Rosenthal the best ref in MMA?!?). Good fight though. Too bad so few people were watching. Put Weidman in a bigger position against Bisping or someone with name value before giving him the title shot, I say.

I say give him the shot. It's not his fault Dana forgot to promote anyone new. Show that whole fight as a highlight, I have him being incredibly dangerous to Silva provided he can take him down.

Rosenthal is usually the best ref... Somewhat disappointed, but still not as bad as the Shane Carwin/Frank Mir or Pat Curran/Joe Warren stoppages, IMO. The blood made it look a lot worse. I still don't know what Josh was looking for... There was no difference between punch #10 and punch #20 as far as Munoz's response goes. But hey, at least we know the right man won. Weidman is on a tear. He deserves a title shot.

That was the worst late stoppage I think I have ever seen, it has nothing to do with the blood. It was like he was knocked out, then awoken by punches, then knocked out, then woken up, then knocked out. Seriously if you watch it he goes totally limp a number of times. It was dangerous and fucking reckless. Their were 3-4 times when the fight should have been ended even if you missed each knock out (due to him going limp), when a fighter goes limp they are out, period. This isn't a fighter not defending himself but still with it, this was like allowing someone to beat a corpse.

TUF coaches announced

US version: Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson

UK vs Australia: Ross Pearson and George Sotiropoulos

Roy Nelson all over TV is a glorious, glorious thing.