UFC News and Discussion Thread

UFC 182 has Jones / Cormier, Donald Cerrone versus undefeated Myles Jury and Hector Lombard.

There's the Fight Night with Conor McGregor and also Benson Henderson versus Eddie Alvarez

UFC have got to stop booking so many 2v1 handicap matches... :shifty:

• Like 4

Yay Carla. What a whupping that was. Plus it was wonderful hearing Bruce Buffer say "Cookie Monster".

It's going to be interesting to see if they can find anyone at 115 who's good enough to beat Esparza, if those were the top 16 Strawweights (well, 15 if you include Paige VanZant as the 16th) on TUF then I can't see Esparza losing for a long time.

Yay Carla. What a whupping that was. Plus it was wonderful hearing Bruce Buffer say "Cookie Monster".

It's going to be interesting to see if they can find anyone at 115 who's good enough to beat Esparza, if those were the top 16 Strawweights (well, 15 if you include Paige VanZant as the 16th) on TUF then I can't see Esparza losing for a long time.

Even in loss he'd say it during the introduction. :shifty:

Well, her match in the house against Tecia was only two rounds and she was puking right after the fight, so who knows what would've happened had it gone to a 3rd round. Penne was doing really well against her, she lost but it wasn't like a huge beatdown. Rose is only 24 or something, tons of time to improve, especially since she's supposed to be a striker but has been a sponge to learning the ground game as well.

JoJo could definitely take her, and as already been said Claudia is an absolute terror.

I always wonder how much of what fighters say is what they truly believe and how much is just hyperbole?

I was watching the countdown show last night and Stefan Struve was talking about beating Overeem, then making a run at the belt and proving that he is 'the greatest fighter in the world' and I'm like 'lol, nope'. I mean, he's a decent kickboxer with a decent submission game but he's got no jaw left, no wrestling, questionable cardio and every time he has faced top level competition, he's been smashed in minutes.

I mean, surely he must recognise that his ceiling is top ten at best and he is never going to fight for he UFC title, let alone win it. If anyone listened to Joe Rogan's assessment of Brendan Schaub's abilities this week, I'm making the same point.

And there you go, first round, gets taken down, first decent punch and he's asleep.

Five times he's been KO'd now in five years in the UFC.

You can take solace that Diaz spent a year on the sidelines bitching about money, came back, got fined 20% for missing weight, $10k for missing an open workout, $10k for missing an interview and will probably get fined for making disparaging tweets about Reebok and CM Punk.

After taking out all the money he spent on his training camp, he probably just paid to get his ass beat for 15 minutes.

• Like 5