UFC News and Discussion Thread

Fairly new to UFC but am i right in my assumption that Jones just wins via tiring less than other fighters rather than out-fighting them?

Also, Garbrandt and Felder are going to be big.

Get fight pass and go and watch his early fights, even his "loss" against Hamill, his early fights he finished almost brutally. His wins over Bader and Lyoto were awesome.

I also really don't get the Jon Jones hate, sure he is cocky and arrogant, but I like him because of it, he is the best, he knows it, why not act that way?

Jon Jones is the greatest fighter of all time. He can absolutely destroy anyone, he just chooses to outclass you for five rounds. I think it started with the Rashad fight, he didn't even look to finish him, he wanted to punish him and beat the crap out of him for 25 minutes. He did the same to Glover. Gus was the only one to give him a run, because Gustafsson surprised everyone while at the same time he improved beyond words. But not for that, no doubt Jones would have kept him in there for 25 minutes just to beat him up.

Jones is the only guy doing a million different things in his fights, he learns something and he doesn't just want to keep it, he wants to show it off. The shoulder wrench, the oblique kick, the short standing elbows, the stepover spinning elbow, pulling guard out of the blue, I mean, how can you not want to watch him?

I loved the fight. Hopefully all of this finally gives the last push to make Jon Jones a real star for the UFC.

Now let's talk more about how awesome Cerrone is for trying to free kick Myles Jury's legs off.

Fairly new to UFC but am i right in my assumption that Jones just wins via tiring less than other fighters rather than out-fighting them?

Also, Garbrandt and Felder are going to be big.

Get fight pass and go and watch his early fights, even his "loss" against Hamill, his early fights he finished almost brutally. His wins over Bader and Lyoto were awesome.

I also really don't get the Jon Jones hate, sure he is cocky and arrogant, but I like him because of it, he is the best, he knows it, why not act that way?

Jones is that cocky asshole you want to see beat. That's my hate for him. Unlike Cowboy who is that cocky asshole you want to see tear his opponents to pieces. I loved the prefight videos before the Cerrone/Jury fight. Cerrone just basically saying "Yeah, I want to kick this kids ass" and then going out and doing just that.

I love Jon Jones. He's the best fighter in the world, bar none. They talked about 26 year old Myles Jury being a kid and all this other stuff, meanwhile 27 year old Jon Jones is untouchable.

He could have finished DC in round one, I fully believe that. He wanted to take him down and out "grind" him. Because for months DC has been saying he'd out-wrestle him, and grind him down. Jones wanted to show him that he couldn't do that, even with the opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

Jones even introduced a new move last night. If you rewatch the first round, a few times he glances at Herb Dean and then throws a punch, hoping DC gets suckered in to trying to look at what Jones is looking at because it's a natural human reaction.

He's the only guy who uses every part of his body as a weapon, even his shoulders.

So glad I didn't bother with this. I'm sure some of the fights were good but man paying $60 to see Jones not get beat would have sucked

5 rather boring decisions, would've been a real waste of 60 bucks.

Don't ask me what voodoo Cerrone is doing, but somehow Eddie Alvarez is injured and he's facing Benson Henderson in Boston. In 2 weeks. Cerrone / Bendo 1 is still one of the best fights I've ever seen, probably a top 5 for me. Be nice to see Cerrone win this one now.

Cerrone fights 6 times in 365 days. How can you not like this guy?

• Like 1