UFC News and Discussion Thread

I don't want Machida / Jacare if Jacare wins, I think the winner of Jacare / Romero has a heck of a great shout of being number one contender. Both men are on great win streaks and both have defeated high caliber opponents who are also pretty big names (Mousasi & Okami for Jacare, Kennedy for Romero). Winner of Jacare / Romero faces winner of Belfort / Weidman, winner of that faces the winner of Rockhold / Machida.

I mean, Rockhold / Machida sounds fucking tasty. I want that so bad.

Give Anderson a bunch of fun super fights. No one really wants to see him in a title match soon, after he beats the crap out of Diaz give him the loser of Belfort / Weidman, he's got beef with Belfort (and I'd love to see him get knocked out again) and Weidman beat him twice in a row in crazy ass ways. Then there's the thought of a fight with Machida (it'll never happen because they're best buds though), or you could theoretically bring him up to 205 and have him face a plethora of guys there. That division needs more firepower for sure. If the GSP fight can happen they should make that! Anything but a title fight, it won't have the same feel as 168, that was special because it was the rematch between the undefeated who had been conquered at last.

• Like 1

Ooh yeah, Machida vs Rockhold would be nice.

Where does Thales Leites fit in to the Middleweight picture? I mean, if he beats Tim Boetsch convincingly, that's five straight against decent opponents...

He struggles to justfy it still for me, his last title showing way back when (I wann say 2009, may have been 2008) was thorougly disappointing as he lay on hi sback for most of the fight, Tim Boetsch, while a good fighter, is not high calibre enough to justify a title shot or even a #1 contender bout, he needs to face someone top end of the division, I think he needs to face a Mousasi or a Kennedy and then go in to a "bigger" fight before he is considered again.

Just to add further context

Dr. Johnny Benjamin: When I see a very low T/E ratio I'm concerned that exogenous (outside the body) T & epi- T are being administered

https://twitter.com/DrJCBenjamin/status/552890504804061184

Victor Conte: IMO. CIR testing of all 3 @ufc Jon Jones urine samples needed. Reduced T & E levels + T/E ratios could indicate exogenous testosterone use

https://twitter.com/VictorConte/status/552942582943084544

To add further context, Cormier's results also showed low T/E levels, around 0.4.

• Like 1