UFC News and Discussion Thread

As we previously reported, BJ Penn was arrested in Maui on Saturday night for getting into a fight outside of the South Shore Tiki Lounge. TMZ reports that before he went outside to fight, he slammed his head against a solid wooden bar three times in anger.

Before the fight, Penn was described as a “perfect gentlemen” when he arrived but became upset and began to hit his head on the bar. A source said: “He was definitely aggravated at something. He only had one drink. At first he was okay, then he was hitting his head on the bar …. and 20 minutes later he was outside fighting.

Penn attacked one of his friends in the parking lot and hurt him so bad he was put in the hospital with a broken eye socket. He was arrested for assault. Police are investigating.

Wow, this is really not something I expected to hear when it comes to Penn.

I loved the guy when he was last in the ufc. Wasn't he starting to slide down the rankings even back then though? I dont want another of my favorites to lose fights as it's all the fighters I get attached to seem to do these days :( So if you hate someone and want them to lose, just convince me to support them. I'm like the kiss of death for a fighter :P

Yeah but you only get attached to fighters because they're in your age group. :shifty:

• Like 1

Feels more of a signing so that Bellator won't sign him.

Yeah that's what BE said too. Apparently UFC got wind of Bellator wanting to sign him and offered him a bigger deal.

Speaking of Bellator, Kongo is going to fight King Mo, for what reason I don't know. Especially considering how small King Mo is for LHW, him moving up to heavy sounds like a bad move.

As we previously reported, BJ Penn was arrested in Maui on Saturday night for getting into a fight outside of the South Shore Tiki Lounge. TMZ reports that before he went outside to fight, he slammed his head against a solid wooden bar three times in anger.

Before the fight, Penn was described as a “perfect gentlemen” when he arrived but became upset and began to hit his head on the bar. A source said: “He was definitely aggravated at something. He only had one drink. At first he was okay, then he was hitting his head on the bar …. and 20 minutes later he was outside fighting.

Penn attacked one of his friends in the parking lot and hurt him so bad he was put in the hospital with a broken eye socket. He was arrested for assault. Police are investigating.

Then you don't knwo much about Hawaiian culture and BJ Penn <_<

I'd say so, if the 'three forms of ID' is a legal statute and those officers couldn't provide three forms, then all their evidence is inadmissable in court.

Then you don't knwo much about Hawaiian culture and BJ Penn <_<

It's not even his first arrest, he assaulted a cop before.

I read on mmafighting that Penn was actually starting a fight with someone else and his friend stopped him, so he decided to fight his friend instead.

I am very confused by tonight's show. Goldberg and Rogan are doing the hosting, Gooden and Hardy are doing the commentary (which is a good thing), and Rogan is doing the interviews in the cage.

I assume Goldberg and Rogan are taking over for the main card, but then what's the point in Gooden and Hardy doing the prelims?

ADD-ON: What the fuck is Rogan doing? First of all this eight second stoppage seemed perfectly fine to me, secondly I hate his grilling the winner as if any controversial call is his fault. Also, this Amirkhani guy is a fountain of charisma that his boxing namesake could learn from.

I thought it was a great stoppage. Gegard pulled back on a massive punch because he thought the fight was going to be waved off then threw a couple of light punches when it wasn't. Hendo was fucked, the ref took Mousasi down. The issues were that the ref was in terrible position and was late stopping it, Mousasi was too nice and didn't hit Hendo with the punch he'd pulled back for despite the fight having not been stopped yet, the ref was awkward as fuck and knocked Mousasi over making it look like Hendo knew what he was doing.

Edit. Also Rogan is a dick. He goes on at Schaub about the dangers of MMA then demands fights continue until someone is comatose.

Edited by Quom

Hendo was very unlucky, he was fine. As for Gus, he just didn't have a clue what to do.

If I had got hit a few times in the head with the force of a train going at full speed, I wouldn't know what to do either.

Horrible stoppage got Gus, the fight should have been stopped 4 punches before it actually was. Goddard must have been afraid to do it because of the crowd and the stoppage right before that.

Also, I think the stoppage might have been a little early because Hendo was putting his hands up to defend the punches, but he was just too slow. Either way, it doesn't really matter, Hendo has been done like a year and a half ago.

I have no idea who they are, but some of the commentators at ringside are fucking horrible. There was one during the Mousasi stoppage that jumped up and was so happy like he had just won the lottery, and during the Gus stoppage this other commentator just crumpled with sadness when the ref stopped the fight. Gus was still a class act, though, hope he comes back from this.

Super excited for this fight between Jones and Rumble. Rumble probably has the biggest puncher's chance of all, and I'm excited to see what new things Bones will bring to the table.