UFC News and Discussion Thread

The first eight or so events (off the top of my head) are dull but totally worth watching as part of the Sakuraba timeline - his story is one of the most compelling in MMA history. Plus there are some gems in there, the Saku vs. Newton fight is a great grappling match.

Plus starting in 2001 will mean you miss the Openweight GP. So yeah if you have access to them and the time I'd watch them all chronologically for the full experience.

Edited by Captain New JaPenn

The first eight or so events (off the top of my head) are dull but totally worth watching as part of the Sakuraba timelime - his story is one of the most compelling in MMA history. Plus there are some gems in there, the Saku vs. Newton fight is a great grappling match.

Plus starting in 2001 will mean you miss the Openweight GP. So yeah if you have access to them and the time I'd watch them all chronologically for the full experience.

I watched a lot of the 1st eight and actually owned the Openweight GP on DVD. Feel I can relatively safely give some of that a miss.

The first eight or so events (off the top of my head) are dull but totally worth watching as part of the Sakuraba timelime - his story is one of the most compelling in MMA history. Plus there are some gems in there, the Saku vs. Newton fight is a great grappling match.

I watched a lot of the 1st eight and actually owned the Openweight GP on DVD. Feel I can relatively safely give some of that a miss.

Add anti-anxiety medication to the list of things Anderson Silva tested positive for in conjunction with his UFC 183 bout with Nick Diaz.

Silva (34-6 MMA, 17-2 UFC), who defeated Diaz via decision in the Jan. 31 pay-per-view headliner, initially failed an “out-of-competition” drug test on Jan. 9, when he tested positive for drostanolone metabolites and androstane. Silva passed a test on Jan. 19, but again failed both his pre- and post-fight tests on the night of the bout, which took place in Las Vegas.

This confirms an earlier MMAjunkie report of a second test failure by Silva.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission released the information ahead of a commission meeting today in Las Vegas, where Silva is expected to receive a temporary suspension pending a formal hearing.

The pre-fight test showed drostanolone metabolites once again, evidence of performance-enhancing drugs. Meanwhile, the post-fight test was positive for oxazepam and temazepam. Those medications are used to treat anxiety and insomnia, respectively.

MMAjunkie will have much more on the meeting and the fallout of this new information as it becomes available.

Phillipe Nover has resigned with the UFC, returning against Yui Chul Nam at UFC Fight Night 65.

I guess they need to rehire the new Anderson Silva given what has happened with the old one.

Edited by Quom

Two poor stoppages in a row IMO, both should have been stopped earlier than they were. Macario fucking Flair flopped face first into the canvas and the referee still let Dwyer get a few more shots in. The fight before that the referee basically sat there watching Trator take shot after shot.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Matt Dwyer just won via superman punch KO. Brutal. Opponent faceplanted too.

It was awesome.

Two poor stoppages in a row IMO, both should have been stopped earlier than they were. Macario fucking Flair flopped face first into the canvas and the referee still let Dwyer get a few more shots in. The fight before that the referee basically sat there watching Trator take shot after shot.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what the hold up for either one was. Both matches were quite clearly over seconds before it was ever called.