UFC News and Discussion Thread

Age should have nothing to do with it. You don't stop fights sooner for older fighters. I get the idea, but it's simply not a fair way of looking at it. The reason he fell was because he stumbled, and yes he took a couple, but he was still active in the fight, and going for the leg.

As for Gus not knowing, he trains all the time to be able to deal with getting punched in the face. As soon as he started taking shots, he was like a deer in the headlights - this was while it was still standing.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's called being hurt.

This, you can train hard every time. But if you get a wrong hit to the button your body goes loopy, regardless of how good/bad of a fighter you are. Gus got hit with the right punch, and he was out of it.

I'm dissapointed, I feel terrible for the guy having to lose out on facing Jones, but he'll recover, he's too good to not get better.

Like others said, I hope Rumble is the guy to knock off Jones because Jones needs to move on to something more interesting, like the heavy's or Mid's. He has owned LHW for long enough.

And also, Joe Rogan is a fucking muppet. Hendo was fucked, and Gegard was too nice of a guy not to completely end the fight when he could've. Now we got this bullshit drama about unfair stoppages, even though Gegard had it won. I hope this doesn't end up in a useless rematch, because Gegard would just beat him again.

Hendo is 44 years old, he's a guy that's both a Pride veteran and a Strikeforce veteran. He's had uncountable slugfests in the past, and his head is like paper maché now. He needs to just stop messing about and hang up his boots. The only one he can beat nowadays is Shogun, who is even more of a wreck than he is.

Fighters don't wear boots. :shifty:

Rumble won't beat Jones, Jones will adapt, take him down at will and slice through his non-existant submission defence.

Yeah, it's called being hurt.

This, you can train hard every time. But if you get a wrong hit to the button your body goes loopy, regardless of how good/bad of a fighter you are. Gus got hit with the right punch, and he was out of it.

I'm dissapointed, I feel terrible for the guy having to lose out on facing Jones, but he'll recover, he's too good to not get better.

Like others said, I hope Rumble is the guy to knock off Jones because Jones needs to move on to something more interesting, like the heavy's or Mid's. He has owned LHW for long enough.

And also, Joe Rogan is a fucking muppet. Hendo was fucked, and Gegard was too nice of a guy not to completely end the fight when he could've. Now we got this bullshit drama about unfair stoppages, even though Gegard had it won. I hope this doesn't end up in a useless rematch, because Gegard would just beat him again.

Hendo is 44 years old, he's a guy that's both a Pride veteran and a Strikeforce veteran. He's had uncountable slugfests in the past, and his head is like paper maché now. He needs to just stop messing about and hang up his boots. The only one he can beat nowadays is Shogun, who is even more of a wreck than he is.

Hendo's already come out and said he wants to fight again.

Speaking of brain damage.

If you're keeping track of the Nick Diaz scorecard, this is what's happened so far.

He's missed two different flights from Sacramento to Las Vegas. He missed today's public workouts. He actually did check his bags in at the airport, so he was there, since his bags have arrived in Las Vegas.

UFC spokesperson Dave Sholler categorized it to reporters in Las Vegas as Diaz electing to not get on his flight.

Dana White tweeted a photo of a milk carton looking for Nick Diaz.

His management claimed that everyone knew he wasn't going to be on the flight he missed.

The quicker this guy just fucks off into the sunset, preferably taking his brother with him, the better.

• Like 1

With some reports, plus the UFC putting a huge spotlight on it instead of treating it as something they don't want to happen (Dana and the missing picture especially), I'm fairly certain it's the UFC trying to create a narrative. It will work nonetheless, people who hate the Diaz brothers will hate him and call him unprofessional, and the UFC haters and Diaz lovers will say it's either a UFC stunt or it's Diaz being cool and "real", whatever the fuck that means.

Yeah, it's for people that found what Sonnen said about Silva or Wanderlei's videos to be intriguing.

Or were interested in who the man under the mask was :P

Hey, that's me! Except the Wanderlei video because fuck Wanderlei.

And mask? What mask? I must have missed this.