UFC News and Discussion Thread

It wasn't really a robbery, but he got a UD that surprised even him, and I honestly had Bendo winning even though I'm not a fan. Granted Bendo's offense was a mega fuckton of weak leg kicks, while Cerrone's shots had more quality, but it was close. It's nice to see the decision not go his way for once, though.

• Like 1

Yeah, I totally had Bendo winning rounds 2 and 3, but who cares? :P As much as I am a fan of Bendo, Cerrone's always number one in my heart, and I'll take a Cerrone robbery every day of the year.

Still, how about that Jose Aldo smile, eh? That's going to be an interesting fight.

It's been such a long time there has been such a huge hype behind a guy, and McGregor is a genius at not just getting the hype, but fueling it to a boiling point.

Him flipping off Siver, finishing him with ease, then hopping the fence to go face to face with Aldo. It's pure genius, and the fans are eating right out of his hands.

McGregor will sell the title match as if it is the biggest title match in the history of title matches, and I personally am completely hype for that match when it happens.

Yeah, I'll say Henderson should have won that fight and it hurts me to admit because I really don't like the guy. The stuff with Aldo and McGregor amused me. I'm not a huge Aldo fan but his sheer calmness really made him stand out in that, especially with McGregor right in his face. Honestly, that smile tells the real story. No fear.

It was pretty obvious nothing else was ever gonna happen, he jumped the fence, then made sure he let the guy there know that it was his job to hold him back and create drama.

It's going to be an interesting fight at least. I mean, Aldo is most probably going to leg kick him to death, but McGregor has shown great use of his reach, and if I remember right, McGregor has a 4 inch reach advantage, and fights very, very long. As long as Aldo mixes up all his tools and doesn't just stand in front of McGregor, it'll be another great defense.

It was pretty obvious nothing else was ever gonna happen, he jumped the fence, then made sure he let the guy there know that it was his job to hold him back and create drama.

Obviously you know Conor or Aldo wouldn't be stupid enough to start fighting, but it's still a great way to hype something to the fans, making them want to see the title match even more.

It's not really important in MMA, but Conor has an amazing flair for dramatics and just generally making you notice him whatever he does. The same goes for a Chael Sonnen (before he retired), and also Ronda Rousey, Diaz Bro's. They polarise the fan, either you want to see him back up his words and continue his/her streak, or you want the guy facing him to punch his lights out.

The true fans will watch whoever is fighting because they love a good fight, but fighters like McGregor have such a huge appeal to the non-devotees of MMA. Because they see a guy who talks and acts larger than life, and he backs up his words to boot.

McGregor knows that his act sells big time, and he'll ham it up extra hard knowing that it will not only help Dana make money, but it will also help make him more popular and wanted as a result...

He's been winning for god knows how long, and the title match was coming from a mile away, but him playing up his craziness no doubt made it get there a whole lot quicker, and made the fans extremely excited for the fight.

People love a guy with a big mouth who can back it up. Ali made himself the greatest on his mouth, and it can make anyone more popular if done right... And the guys/gals that know how to use it, can make a lot of money. McGregor is one of those guys.

I can only imagine the eventual fight between the two, and knowing the UFC they will either have it in Brazil, or have it in the tri-state area. Because either place will make sure the entire crowd will be fire-hot.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Actually the flair for dramatics is very important in everything, especially in MMA. I know they don't like to treat it like wrestling but it's the fighters personalities that really sell fights and draw someone in. I have a hard time watching Prelims because a lot of the time, even if the fight is decent, the fighter is usually someone that I'm not familiar with. But a couple of fights of creating a personality and you'll have me watching. All the great fighters have a flair for dramatics whether it's verbally, or their style in the Cage.

It's going to be in Vegas, most probably during Memorial Day weekend.

Which is also the weekend rumoured for Cerrone/Khabib if it happens.

Don't get me wrong btw I loved every second of what happened, but it was so obviously staged.

I loved the guy when he was last in the ufc. Wasn't he starting to slide down the rankings even back then though? I dont want another of my favorites to lose fights as it's all the fighters I get attached to seem to do these days :( So if you hate someone and want them to lose, just convince me to support them. I'm like the kiss of death for a fighter :P