UFC News and Discussion Thread

I love how Diaz can have the exact same response whenever the decision is announced. Someone needs to make a gif of Diaz's disappointment for each announcement.

Well, honestly his corner needs to do a bit better job when it comes to telling him how the fight is going. There was no way they could have felt like Nick was winning every round unless they weren't actually watching the fight. I don't think it was 50-45 like two of the judges seem to think it was, but Nick definitely was not winning the fight at the end of the 4th like they told him he was.

I've made a point of it before but the Cesar Gracie team are the worst corner men in the sport. None of their guys have ever lost a round in their opinion and it has cost them fights in the past.

I think it was Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz, one of the rounds Henderson took Diaz down, controlled and ground and pounded him for about three or four minutes straight. Horn goes, Diaz goes back to his corner and gets told he won the round.

• Like 1

Holy shit, Anderson popped for drostanolone. That's a steroid.

Somewhere Nick Diaz's scowl face just came back on.

EDIT: Or maybe not. Apparently his marijuana level was over the limit. Anderson's positive result came from an out of competition test, Nick's from a post-fight test.

Diaz was suspended for his fight against Condit (I think it was Condit) because the test was a post-fight test. Jones' was a out of competition drug test, which is why the UFC didn't suspend him. Also, apparently the commission wasn't even supposed to test for cocaine. So yeah, he got off on a technicality.

I don't get how Silva fails an out of competition test on Jan 9th for two steroids and is still allowed to compete nearly a month later? Surely if it's a PED then fighter safety dictates that the fight shouldn't happen?

Let me see if I'm comprehending this right. You can be suspended for testing positive for marijuana but not cocaine?

Yes. Weed is considered a performance enhancing drug. Cocaine isn't.

No. I don't know why. It's bullshit.

Let me see if I'm comprehending this right. You can be suspended for testing positive for marijuana but not cocaine?

Yes. Weed is considered a performance enhancing drug. Cocaine isn't.

No. I don't know why. It's bullshit.

No, that is not the point, JJ was tested outside of competition when he tested psoitive, by in competition time he had tolerable levels, Diaz tested positive in competition and as a result is suseptible to bannings.

• Like 1