UFC News and Discussion Thread

Howith do you feel about this rich? You reckon the short time just means he's got momentum and a camp that lasts 2 weeks longer? Was the jury fight just a sparring session with a huge payday?

It's alwas hard to tell, short camps can be good, you focus on yourself rather than getting overly concerned with your opponenent, but honestly, if the Jury fight was Cerrone peaking, Hendo is too dangerous for Donald not to be at his best.

Leben beat wanderlei shortly after a previous fight, mainly because he rode the momentum, with it being Donald I can see it going either way.

I definitely had a train of thought along those lines, but you just need benson to be motivated and he is still very dangerous, especially with his ability to fight while moving backwards. His skill set and patience doesn't exactly help cerrone as well, it's almost tailor made to negate Donald.

Tim Sylvia weighed in at 371lbs for a fight last week, and after going 2k in the hole after a bunch of required tests, there were some complications after a MRI, and he announced his retirement.

That fight's only 3 rounds correct? Seems like that would increase Henderson's chances of grinding a decision win.

I actually think it goes the other way, Cerrone, 2 weeks out from a fight, hardly wants to be going all out for 25 minutes.

And while it's always sad to see some of the old guard retire, I have just seen a picture of Sylvia, and wow, he got BIIIIG.

After the Ray Mercer fight, I have just been begging for Sylvia to retire. Things like the fight in ONE FC with Arlovski was just painful to see.

Also, Cerrone in 2010 is miles apart from current day Donald Cerrone. He's gotten way bigger and his reaction time has gotten so much better. He was ploddingly slow against Bendo in the rematch, which is how Bendo was able to catch him. I like Cerrone's chances a lot for this fight.

It's going to be interesting to see how Bendo reacts in his first 3 round fight in like what, 3 years? I want to know whether he's going to be less cautious during the first round.