UFC News and Discussion Thread

I question the decision to open your TV prpgram with two low level lumbering heavyweights.

My thoughts exactly.. prelims are supposed to sell a PPV.. not exactly the kinda fight that makes people wanna spend god knows how much.

Must be annoying for the UFC to lose two marketable champions to two relative unknowns, that said both Dos Anjos and Joanna J[other letters] just mauled Pettis and Esparza.

Dana looked legit pissed after the Women's bout. Odd he didn't put the belt around JJ's waist and just walked off.

Esparza was broken about a minute into round two. That fight showed the difference in the well rounded 'new' women's fighters versus the one dimensional 'old guard'. It's the reason I don't think Ronda vs Cyborg lasts 30 seconds.

He didn't put the belt around Esparza too, if I remember. Perhaps the belts are too big for the 115ers.

Also I definitely think Joanna is a better marketable draw than Esparza in the long run. She talks a big game, has great memorable antics and can back it up in the cage. Would love to see her against Rose or JoJo next.

So when are they going to announce a Punk fight? I want to see it! :(

you should just confront him at a Cubs game and then experience his rear naked

It wasn't even a choke. You can't choke someone from that position, it's mechanically impossible. With a single arm, you're not choking against anything on the opposite side. If anything, you're leaving yourself wide open to get caught in a Von Flue choke.