UFC News and Discussion Thread

UFC's payment scale is now based on tenure as opposed to rankings. This ties in with the Reebok deal. Furthermore fighters can have whatever endorsements outside the Octagon they want but can't wear anything inside. I don't know if this really helps fighters make more or not, it would be easy to cut loose above average fighters who have been around for awhile in favor of younger, cheaper alternatives.

I just realized that the file I had didn't have the Jacare/Camozzi fight. Is it worth going after?

Did you see their first fight? If you did then there's no point, because it's literally the same.

UFC's payment scale is now based on tenure as opposed to rankings. This ties in with the Reebok deal. Furthermore fighters can have whatever endorsements outside the Octagon they want but can't wear anything inside. I don't know if this really helps fighters make more or not, it would be easy to cut loose above average fighters who have been around for awhile in favor of younger, cheaper alternatives.

I think it's better than the rankings one truth be told. Because otherwise, someone like Joe Lauzon would be making just as much as somebody like Bentley Syler. But ultimately, I don't think it's fair that fighters lose their own sponsorship deals. It feels like in making the show look more professional visually, the UFC are harming their fighters, so maybe it's not that surprising that fighters are starting to look at Bellator as an alternative.

Can guys still wear the vale tudo shorts with Reebok or are the regular shorts mandatory? My main concern with uniforms that they'll make everyone look the same and boring. (No MORE CONDOM DEPOT ON THE ASS)

I think they get to choose length and style. Within reason though I guess. Can't see anyone being allowed to do a Dennis Hallman and wear Reebok speedos...

Also, I think each camp will have a color/design so it won't be just generic red vs blue.

So much more in favor of this one. The UFC rankings are bollocks, and shouldn't be used for anything except to show how dire the heavyweight and light heavyweight divisions are (this week's alone, Horiguchi has somehow gone up a spot just because he's about to face the champ, and Holloway is still ranked below Swanson, who he just schooled). It's still not a perfect system, but it's a huge improvement.

Also, yeah, the fighters will apparently be able to have some say in the design of their kit, so it won't just be red vs blue like Cymru said. They'll be able to choose between board shorts and vale tudo ones as well.

I think they get to choose length and style. Within reason though I guess. Can't see anyone being allowed to do a Dennis Hallman and wear Reebok speedos...

Also, I think each camp will have a color/design so it won't be just generic red vs blue.

UFC banned speedos after Hallman so the Reebok deal wouldn't impact that.

Not interested in tonight's pay-per-view what so ever. Might watch the undercard on fight pass and so forth but there is plenty of playoff sports on today, and I have already wasted a few hundred $$$'s on average UFC cards so far this year.

Not that any of them were terrible, just at least had appeal to them. I'll save my coin for the onslaught of cards in the next few months.

Some of this prelim level Jiu-Jitsu is embarassing, even for me.

The commentary doesn't help, Goldberg selling a headlock like it's a heel hook.

So rumor has it.. Jones was involved in a hit and run.. that involved cocaine found in his car, and he's about to get dropped from UFC 187.