UFC News and Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Vince Russo said:

I'm not basing it on one fight. I'm also not basing it solely on the nature of the fight. You'd know this if you paid proper attention to what I said, but I expect that from someone who goes straight for the hyperbole and doesn't even address the points being raised. It's like you and that other clique, and you may even be part of it, don't know how to handle a differing opinion and have to go straight on the attack rather then engage in a reasonable debate.

I'm basing it on both how they fight and how they look. For several fights before the Alvarez fight, RDA looked exactly the same physically. He was muscled and ripped, almost chiselled in places. RDA against Alvarez looked very different. The muscle mass was noticeably down, especially in the shoulders. The definition was noticeably down and he looked a lot less cut. RDA went from looking muscular and defined and somewhat ripped, to looking normal and in shape. it's the same change we've seen in a lot of fighters, most of them Brazilian funnily enough, You could call it a bad night but when RDA goes from being a solid but unspectacular fighter who looks in shape, to looking and fighting like a monster and looking ripped and then, in his first fight post-USADA, looking and fighting exactly like he did before his entire body changed, you'd have to be very naive not to think the enhanced drug testing had something to do with it, especially when, as mentioned, it's something we've seen from so many others.

Ok, first of all there is no "crew", there is no "clique", and I can tell you, that if you continue down that line of thinking then you will go the way of other members who have and they didn't seem to enjoy their time here.

Second, I did address what you said, at least how I interpreted it, as you were not clear, so I did not attack you, I merely pointed out that one fight is not a barometer, you can't say "I not basing it on one fight", where you make it clear you are basing it on the performance on Thursday as if you look at the quote of your original post below, it is clearly a reaction to the night before and again you claimed it to be based on one fight in your new response, so you are being very inconsistent in your attempted message. Additionally you were not clear at all so even proper attention I didn't realise by saying "looking like a monster" you were meaning in appearance rather than performance, as I can say "X person look like a monster last night" when I am talking about their performance. This is common parlance, so do not get uppity with anyone when you have not been clear in your communication please.

On 08/07/2016 at 09:09, Vince Russo said:

I know I got shot down for saying this before and I expect the same crew to come in and do their thing again, but things really are different in the USADA era of the UFC. RDA  went from looking like a monster and fighting like a monster to looking normal and fighting like he didn't even belong in the same cage as a top 25 fighter, let alone someone like Eddie Alvarez. Alvarez dominated and destroyed him and it was great to watch. Alvarez comes off as such a nice guy, a very genuine person, and it was great too see him realize a dream.

DC vs. Silva is crazy. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of the hat. That said, it's kinda strange replacing Jones with a fighter who is not long coming off a lengthy suspension for failing a drug test. UFC best hope Silva passes his tests for this fight.

Now I understand what you are getting at I can still point out that I believe you to be wrong. Case in point, let's look at images of RDA from his last 3 fights, the last two are under USADA testing, the third image will not be.

Weigh in this week:

9371978.jpg

Weigh in in December vs Cerrone

rafael-dos-anjos-ufc-on-fox-17.jpg

Looking at the two images, I don't think the is a huge change in muscle mass at all, considering the USADA testing began in July 2015, I would not have expected RDA to have the same muscle mass, has he been using only 6 months before in the second picture, compared to seven months further on as in the first picture.

Now, let's bring in the UFC 185 fight which was from prior to the implementation of the USADA testing:

rafael-dos-anjos-ufc-185.jpg

Now what I like about using the weigh in images are that he pulls the same pose in all of them, in this one, again he looks of a simialr size to the more recent images, but I would actually say his muscle definition has improved since this fight, Pre-USADA, which again shows why I believe you to be wrong.

Third. I am not naive, as I have shown your claims to be demonstrably false.

Fourth. Who are the "so many others" who you claim have changed so drastically just like RDA, nothing has been mentioned at all?

Fifth. As mentioned, I feel like you are taking two sources of information "There has been increased scrutiny over drug taking" and "RDA had a bad fight and lost" and jumping to there being a link between the two with the only evidence is "his size" when it is clear "his size" isn't an issue

Sixth. He has fought twice under USADA now, not the once as you claim, in that fight he made a top level fighter in Donald Cerrone look pedestrian, so please explain how that links to USADA and then how that then links in to your tenuous link regarding "RDA must be juicing due to this loss to Alvarez".

Seventh. Had he won, I doubt you would have even gotten close to the claim of "RDA is juicing", while I can't prove it, there is a track record amongst some fans of explaining losses with "Oh they are no longer on PEDs", sometimes people have good and bad patches of form in MMA, and sometimes, they can have a bad day, it happens in all sports, but for some reason, some MMA fans equate one bad performance by a fighter they perceive to be a good one with "oh, it must be drugs", which is in itself way to simplistic and naive a conclusion.

Cheers buddy, enjoy your day!

• Like 7

Brazilians only have two facial expressions anyway.

1. 'Hey bro! Wanna come to the beach to eat barbeque and play football?'

2. 'Hey bro! I'm going to pull your arms off and choke you with them'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Brazilians only have two facial expressions anyway.

1. 'Hey bro! Wanna come to the beach to eat barbeque and play football?'

2. 'Hey bro! I'm going to pull your arms off and choke you with them'.

These seem out of sequential order. What did you think they were gonna put on the BBQ?

1 hour ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Totally missed the Sage fight. Was it any good?

:o Just read that Lesnar is guaranteed 2.5 million for this fight and that doesn't even account for ticket sales. That's more than double Conor who was the highest paid before

Yeah, Conor is going to be a real dick about that, isn't he? :P 

Poor DC got his disclosed pay cut in half because of Jones dropping out, and Anderson comes in on two days notice and earns 100K more than him. Frankie Edgar disclosed pay is only 190K, WTF.

WTF was that, why was the opening video shown on that God awful screen.

Oh no, the original Bring the Pain is back. Why are they never changing this shit.

It is? Damn, WWE's MITB was just in Vegas, that thing started at 5 there then.

First time I've bought a UFC PPV, just for these next two fights. Edgar / Aldo 2 and DC / Silva is going to be bonkers fun. 

Can't believe I'm going to compliment the aesthetic of a Reebok product, but the yellow pants looks really nice. The red one isn't bad either, everything else is awful. And I'm still sad that they aren't personalised in any way.